The Election

Political Debate
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Aye, spot on Laz.They're show offs, giving it loads about how they bought one item from John Lewis, generally insecure, and concerned with how they appear to others. We live in an aspirational society were you're told to better yourself by breaking out of your social class - even though it is virtually impossible. I came across someone recently who was giving it loads about how they know people in Kensington, and I just absolutely do not give two fucks. That stuff holds zero traction wth me.
Its true.You could win £100 million in the lottery but you will never move class because it is about much more than money.

Its interesting also how much we think we have freedom and how much control we have over our lives.For hundreds of years we were held in check by religion. This has been replaced by the mortgage,which ensures we keep working hard and play the game. I've always said that the real way to civil unrest and getting true change is by financial rebellion. If you could organise a significant number of people to refuse to pay their mortgage/credit for just 2 months it would cause fiscal and legal chaos.Just a thought!
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

Steggo wrote:
Sid wrote:Aye, spot on Laz.They're show offs, giving it loads about how they bought one item from John Lewis, generally insecure, and concerned with how they appear to others. We live in an aspirational society were you're told to better yourself by breaking out of your social class - even though it is virtually impossible. I came across someone recently who was giving it loads about how they know people in Kensington, and I just absolutely do not give two fucks. That stuff holds zero traction wth me.
Its true.You could win £100 million in the lottery but you will never move class because it is about much more than money.

Its interesting also how much we think we have freedom and how much control we have over our lives.For hundreds of years we were held in check by religion. This has been replaced by the mortgage,which ensures we keep working hard and play the game. I've always said that the real way to civil unrest and getting true change is by financial rebellion. If you could organise a significant number of people to refuse to pay their mortgage/credit for just 2 months it would cause fiscal and legal chaos.Just a thought!
I've done it, paid the mortgage for 19 years never missed a payment, i got sick and had to leave work, my wife had to take time off for 6 months to look after me, our house was in negative equity and the fuckers hounded us cause we missed 4-5 payments, wouldn't give us a break, phoned three times a day sometimes and basically persecuted us. One day we said fuck it why are we giving them the power and walked away told them to take us to court. They haven't yet and thats 3 years ago. We live in a far better place now which we rent and our finances got sorted about 4 months after we left.

If numbers of people did refuse to pay it would fuck up the country. Won't happen though, it's stressful as fuck going thru it.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Steggo wrote:

You're right Steggs, but the banks have so much control now, that you risk plunging the country into financial collapse...

I might have been possible 30/40 years ago, but not now...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
Steggo wrote:

I've done it, paid the mortgage for 19 years never missed a payment, i got sick and had to leave work, my wife had to take time off for 6 months to look after me, our house was in negative equity and the fuckers hounded us cause we missed 4-5 payments, wouldn't give us a break, phoned three times a day sometimes and basically persecuted us. One day we said fuck it why are we giving them the power and walked away told them to take us to court. They haven't yet and thats 3 years ago. We live in a far better place now which we rent and our finances got sorted about 4 months after we left.

If numbers of people did refuse to pay it would fuck up the country. Won't happen though, it's stressful as fuck going thru it.
Nice one, Laz. Fuck em, they're a set of mafia cunts harrassing you like that, especially when you're ill as well, it's not fucking on. They're inhuman bastards, wanting their money no matter what.

If mortgages weren't so fucking ridiculously high they'd maybe get their money back. But when they set em at 9 times the combined wage - who can afford to pay that back.

Cunts
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

They're greatest trick is every time they contact you it's a different person so every time it's like starting from scratch telling them the details, they offer you financial advice about how to balance your budget which is fucking useless when your income has been cut by three quarters...... Thinking about it makes my blood boil.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

House prices are expected to rise by 25% in the next 5 years an'all...

This is more fallout from the Tory election win...

It's been widely reported that we need 250,000 new homes each year in this country just to keep up with demand... but we need many times that, just to catch up with demand...

But the Tories... "very proudly" proclaim they'll build 200,00 homes... by 2020...

It's not by accident that house prices in this country are beyond the reach of so many... and are about to get worse.

You want to get rich in this country?? Buy houses and convert them into flats... don't have to be pretty, and you don't need to go out of your way to maintain them either... good luck though... buying houses to rent is not for those who don't already own property and have money... interesting how that works... interesting how the "financial crisis" that was started by the housing collapse in the states, has resulted in the poor not being able to get mortgages as easily, and those with money and property being able to charge even more in rents...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34763261

Look at that face... seriously, just look at that face...

And tell me that doesn't make you want to smash, and gouge, and kick, and pummel!!!!!!!
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Meanwhile, this face, (that I could also quite happily bust my knuckles all over)... defends £140million in bonuses...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 25371.html

I would really like to hear from someone who voted Tory, how this is at all justifiable...
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:If numbers of people did refuse to pay it would fuck up the country. Won't happen though, it's stressful as fuck going thru it.
http://www.lawfulrebellion.org/2013/02/ ... the-banks/

It is absolutely terrible what you went through but it shows the inhuman nature of banks despite their current twee and sickening 'we're here for you' ads.As regards to financial unrest,this has already been seen to work if organised properly during the 'Poll Tax' revolt of 1990. So many people refused to pay the court system was overwhelmed and couldn't cope https://libcom.org/files/poll-tax-rebellion.pdf, so rebellion,if organised or there is a powerful enough motivator is quite possible.

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Look at that face... seriously, just look at that face..
The real con about these 'austerity' measures is that (1) there are benefits amounting to £13 BILLION that unclaimed each year. (2) £13 billion is the amount of money taxpayers have lost in the government underselling various bank shares,banks WE rescued (you can defraud a bank out of £5 and they will take you to court,whereas bankers can cause whole economies to fail and not one of those responsible has been charged). (3) Oddly £13 billion is the targeted welfare/benefit cuts.No one can deny the system needs modifying-it was not set up to act as a lifestyle choice-it is the way these changes are implemented that shows the callous nature and arrogance of this government.
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

Be very,very afraid if this gets throughhttp://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/wh ... 79688.html . Sign the petition,write to your MP (https://www.writetothem.com/) but do not go gentle into that goodnight.Rage,rage because this disgusting,sly,horrific infringement of your rights should be fought at every single turn. http://www.waronwant.org/what-ttip. Seriously stopping this is fundamental to how we live our lives.