Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Spudiator
Star Man
Posts: 736
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Horsham

4 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:We've been short of a good midfield since Hargo/Scholes/Carrick played in 2008. A shocking oversight by Fergie. Moyes fucked up and didn't address it too. LVG to be fair to him knew the balance was fucked from early in the season and has made arrangements to fix it and by fuck he has certainly had a go.

I'm not too sure LVG will buy a forward you know, he's already said Depay can play there, I honestly feel he may go 4-2-3-1 next season...

-—----------------------------De Gea

---Darmain---Smalling/Jones----Rojo/Blind---Shaw

------------------Schweinsteiger---Schneiderlin

---------Depay-----------Herrera/Mata------Di Maria

-------------------------------Rooney

Other players:

Carrick
Jacuzzi
Fella
Hernandez
Wilson
Valencia
Young
Blackett
Rafael


That's a fucking unbelievable squad. I would
love a top quality CB if I'm honest but we have a lot of cover all over the pitch. Spoilt for choice.
I'd be quite happy with that first XI, not sure Rafael will be among the squaddies though, it's a shame because I think he's still got potential to be good enough, but he does seem like he's on his way.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7397
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Spudiator wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:We've been short of a good midfield since Hargo/Scholes/Carrick played in 2008. A shocking oversight by Fergie. Moyes fucked up and didn't address it too. LVG to be fair to him knew the balance was fucked from early in the season and has made arrangements to fix it and by fuck he has certainly had a go.

I'm not too sure LVG will buy a forward you know, he's already said Depay can play there, I honestly feel he may go 4-2-3-1 next season...

-—----------------------------De Gea

---Darmain---Smalling/Jones----Rojo/Blind---Shaw

------------------Schweinsteiger---Schneiderlin

---------Depay-----------Herrera/Mata------Di Maria

-------------------------------Rooney

Other players:

Carrick
Jacuzzi
Fella
Hernandez
Wilson
Valencia
Young
Blackett
Rafael


That's a fucking unbelievable squad. I would
love a top quality CB if I'm honest but we have a lot of cover all over the pitch. Spoilt for choice.
I'd be quite happy with that first XI, not sure Rafael will be among the squaddies though, it's a shame because I think he's still got potential to be good enough, but he does seem like he's on his way.
I think Rafael's definitely out the door, with Evans and Hernandez. Even if the club can't find buyers for them this window, I think that they are for all in intents and purposes no longer part of the squad.
senna
Legend
Posts: 2561
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

Seems like Di Maria is off, french papers saying he has agreed personal terms with PSG. Just fucking hope we do get paid if it's true.
fat maradona
First Teamer
Posts: 425
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Telegraph reporting that a deal for Gaitan has been agreed for £21m, and will be announced once the Di Maria exit has been agreed. No mention of where Di Maria is going but these French rumours may well be true. He's not made the US trip. If all of this bullshit is true, I think it's a great piece of business.

Looks like Ramos is staying at Real (thank fuck) and so De Gea to Real not certain this window. Considering we are looking at new strikers, I'd take a swap deal for Benzema.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5227
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

fat maradona wrote:Telegraph reporting that a deal for Gaitan has been agreed for £21m, and will be announced once the Di Maria exit has been agreed. No mention of where Di Maria is going but these French rumours may well be true. He's not made the US trip. If all of this bullshit is true, I think it's a great piece of business.

Looks like Ramos is staying at Real (thank fuck) and so De Gea to Real not certain this window. Considering we are looking at new strikers, I'd take a swap deal for Benzema.
No Argentian has made the US trip because of Copa.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7397
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

fat maradona wrote:Telegraph reporting that a deal for Gaitan has been agreed for £21m, and will be announced once the Di Maria exit has been agreed. No mention of where Di Maria is going but these French rumours may well be true. He's not made the US trip. If all of this bullshit is true, I think it's a great piece of business.
Doesn't seem like a great piece of business to me, we could have signed Gaitan at any time over the past five years but chose not too, and nor did any other big club. Has he ever even gotten a game with the Argentinian national team? I'm sure he's a decent player, but this exchange wouldn't be so different to selling Ronaldo and replacing him with Valencia. Not quite as bad, but still the same principle.

I think Cavani is going to be our "glamour" signing.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5227
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Has anyone here actually seen Cavani play well?
He's had good games but then I haven't seen him to be the "glamour" player that he's supposed to be,
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23589
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

He was class in Italy, but that was a while ago now

I think he might be a bit slow
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7397
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

I actually think Cavani could be quite successful in Van Gaal's system, but I'm far from certain of it and in my mind he would be big step down from Di Maria in terms of (potential) excitement. I also don't much like the idea of signing a pure striker because then it would be difficult to play him and Rooney both at the same time, and the whole reason Cavani is supposed to be unhappy at PSG in the first place is because he doesn't like playing on the flank with Ibra as the CF.
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5341
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:I actually think Cavani could be quite successful in Van Gaal's system, but I'm far from certain of it and in my mind he would be big step down from Di Maria in terms of (potential) excitement. I also don't much like the idea of signing a pure striker because then it would be difficult to play him and Rooney both at the same time, and the whole reason Cavani is supposed to be unhappy at PSG in the first place is because he doesn't like playing on the flank with Ibra as the CF.
Rooney's not exactly a pure striker so buying someone who prefers to play deeper would make even less sense.
Post Reply