Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

This is funny, Real's Pravda is throwing a nonsensical strop over De Gea now. I like the way this website cuts through the transfer rumour BS:
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... he-s-not-r

I see that Valdes' agent has also said that he's going nowhere. For the GK situation, I'd like us either to hold on to DDG for the season or to get enough for him to buy this Oblak kid -- him and Valdes looks like a good pairing.
bman2
Legend

Davey-boy wrote:
dozer wrote:I get the feeling Blind will lose out if he isn't moved to left back.
Of course, Shaw will lose out if he doesn't step up his game. I'm nore than happy having Blind or Young playing left back - they've both done better than Shaw and have done well.
Big season for Shaw coming up. I'm not prepared to write him off yet. He definitely has talent. Needs to be fit though, and stay injury free.
I'm glad that you're willing to give the 20 year old we paid £30M for a little more time. FFS, he's looked good when fit, what does he have to do to satisfy you???
Davey-boy
Star Man

bman2 wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:
dozer wrote:I get the feeling Blind will lose out if he isn't moved to left back.
Of course, Shaw will lose out if he doesn't step up his game. I'm nore than happy having Blind or Young playing left back - they've both done better than Shaw and have done well.
Big season for Shaw coming up. I'm not prepared to write him off yet. He definitely has talent. Needs to be fit though, and stay injury free.
I'm glad that you're willing to give the 20 year old we paid £30M for a little more time. FFS, he's looked good when fit, what does he have to do to satisfy you???
That's entirely my point ffs....people seem to think he's shite. I don't, I think he'll come good this season.
You looking for an argument where there isn't one?
Davey-boy
Star Man

bman2 wrote:This is funny, Real's Pravda is throwing a nonsensical strop over De Gea now. I like the way this website cuts through the transfer rumour BS:

I see that Valdes' agent has also said that he's going nowhere. For the GK situation, I'd like us either to hold on to DDG for the season or to get enough for him to buy this Oblak kid -- him and Valdes looks like a good pairing.
I read somewhere yesterday we had a £20m bid rejected for oblak. Is he any good?
bman2
Legend

Davey-boy wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:
That's entirely my point ffs....people seem to think he's shite. I don't, I think he'll come good this season.
You looking for an argument where there isn't one?
I'll fucking sort you out, pal! In all seriousness, it sounds like we agree, misread your tone. I think we've got an embarrassment of riches now for the LB spot actually, with Shaw, Blind and Rojo all compelling options with different qualities. If we do add Otamendi or Ramos, it's going to be difficult for Blackett, McNair, or even Jones to get game time.
bman2
Legend

Davey-boy wrote:
bman2 wrote:This is funny, Real's Pravda is throwing a nonsensical strop over De Gea now. I like the way this website cuts through the transfer rumour BS:

I read somewhere yesterday we had a £20m bid rejected for oblak. Is he any good?
Obviously I don't really know if he's any good myself, but there seems to be a school of thought saying that he's the next big thing between the sticks, now that Courtois and DDG have broken through. And I suppose Atletico having Courtois for a while shows that they know a quality keeper when they see one. I hadn't heard of any United interest until yesterday, so the positive talk about Oblak predates the summer rumour shit, so it could be true!
Steggo
First Teamer

Benteke? I'm not sure about him. Don't know why,just a feeling that he may not be the consistent quality we need.
Davey-boy
Star Man

Amazing scenes at fenerbache with rvp. Talk about a welcome.
Davey-boy
Star Man

Steggo wrote:Benteke? I'm not sure about him. Don't know why,just a feeling that he may not be the consistent quality we need.
That would be a huge gamble.
There's a lot of talk about lpool getting him now they have the money burning a hole in their shell suit pockets
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Best thing fo me so far this summer is the way we're not letting De Gea go easily

Fair play to Van Gaal and Woodward

It's time we gave Real a taste of their own shit