vs Real Sociedad

Forum for match day threads
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:Moyes made that defensive substitution at 1-0 again, bringing Young on ffs, only this time it came off...
Yeah, he caught me totally unprepared for that possibility. Kagawa moves to an even more advantages position in which to play his game and Young brings better defending to the left. There might be hope for this guy yet.
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:CUNT FUCKING CUNT HEAD FUCK FACE ASSHOLE FUCKIN CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just couldn't pass up the chance to stir some fuckin shit... Wayne should have just said "FUCK OFF!!!!"
Eh?
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

Fnal thoughts:

Rooney, Kagawa,Giggs were the best players although rooney was a bit too wasteful imho
Defense was solid except for that panicky period in first few minutes of 2nd half
I thought Valencia also did well, had some glimpses of attacking verve and did well defensively..i wish he would try to beat his man more often
Hernandez was missing for me, and I thought Carrick was a bit off his usual high standards

We need to kill teams off though, a better team wouldve equalized
chocolateballs
Reserves

6 years ago

Real S. just an awfull team.

If we were playing Bayern it would have been 0-6 with them playing little triangles all around us.

Boys on RTE made a good point about needing alot of money to replace the mediocrity in that team.
Because Fergie is on the board now all future buys will in actuality still have to go through him or at least be given his stamp of approval. So Moyes's role is always gonna be undermined.

Need some luck to qualify fir next season's CL with this lot
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

We created plenty of chances, just needed a bit of luck. Hernandez the only disappointing performance tonight. He's played poorly every time he's started this season. Giggs was good, but still had some dangerous giveaways. Not sure why we don't play him further up the pitch. Errors wouldn't be so costly and his skill/delivery would be more threatening.

Have we had a game where our main striker has played well this season? It's early days, but Everton fans seem to think Moyes destroys strikers. Can't think of a good one he had in 10 years there.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

The crowd were much better tonight, especially toward the end

The singing section might have done some good
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

Will DM finally start playing Kagawa now?

Nice to get the win but 1-0 at home on an own goal against a poor side won't do much to stop the criticism.
Spudiator
Star Man

6 years ago

Good performance overall, I thought. What is concerning is our apparent impotence in front of goal, barely anyone in the team seems to have the confidence to take a first-time shot, and so many opportunities were squandered from them taking a touch first. There's still work to be done, but there might be hope yet.
Felwin
First Teamer

6 years ago

Spudiator wrote:Good performance overall, I thought. What is concerning is our apparent impotence in front of goal, barely anyone in the team seems to have the confidence to take a first-time shot, and so many opportunities were squandered from them taking a touch first. There's still work to be done, but there might be hope yet.
Completely agree.

I reckon Kagawa could have been given MoM. He was excellent throughout, but still has a problem when it comes to shooting. Maybe a bit if a confidence thing, but he always looked for the pass rather than the shot at Dortmund, so it could be a habit.

Rooney was obviously a fair shout, though a bit wasteful. There was a glorious opportunity that opened up for Kag/Chich (couldn't really tell from my seat), where Rooney just kept his head down and released a weak shot.

There's an irony in our creativity where an 'in-form' Rooney actually becomes a bit selfish and wastes opportunities, while Kagawa creates fabulous opportunity, but lacks the ego to have a pop.

Overall a good European performance though. Classic European refereeing aswell, more stops than a bus full of biddies.