Fellaini

Manchester United chat
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

I get the disappointment in appointing Moyes. I do.
I also get the "letdown" of only buying Fellaini after a window where we were associated with exciting world-class players

But I thought Fellaini is a good acquisition, and I think his debut was solid.

Of course an acquisition can really only be judged over at least a season, which is why I started this thread. We can dissect his performances and contributions throughout the season in this thread, and make a judgement at some point whether he was worth the buy, whether he becomes a real contributor to the side (another no less important reason is I wanted to stop new comments popping up on the transfer wankfest thread, which is way way overdue to be closed)

So I'll start it off:

Fellaini made more passes with more accuracy in his 28 minutes on the field than Anderson did in 62
captainhormone
Star Man

6 years ago

No thanks I will give it a miss
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

Well for me Fellaini was the ideal signing so :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: L-) L-) :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
This forum needs some dancing banana smiles.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

He had a nice debut, passed the ball well, won some tackles and had a nice effort at goal after controlling the ball with his chest.
The game didn't seem to pass him by unlike Anderson and even Kagawa sometimes - although I have high hopes for Kagawa, hopefully he'll have a good run of games.

It was against a 10 man team though, we'll soon see how he fares against the better teams. I think he'd prove more useful against the stronger teams which is why I've been crying for this signing ever since last season.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

The problem with a signing like Fellaini is, when you see the improvement he makes over the rubbish we've been used to, he's going to look like a great bit of business... but it avoids the real issue... he's still not the quality we SHOULD be after...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

we'll only see his full use when we're losing to city and moyles resorts to plan b (his everton plan a)
lkhm

hoofing
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:The problem with a signing like Fellaini is, when you see the improvement he makes over the rubbish we've been used to, he's going to look like a great bit of business... but it avoids the real issue... he's still not the quality we SHOULD be after...
You're probably referring to the likes of Fabregas and erm... Alacantra but they're different kind of players. And even Fergie and Gill would have struggled to buy them. Perhaps Modric was gettable.
If we needed a ball winning midfielder then there are few better than Fellaini. He was also less of a risk considering that he'd played in England and had also played under Moyes. Carrick was the last good midfielder we bought, and fans initially hated him because he wouldn't make crunching tackles or score screamers etc. They wanted a Keane replacement but that style of play wasn't Carrick's natural game.
If you didn't want that type of a player then you have a problem with the position rather than the player himself.
Last edited by dozer on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:we'll only see his full use when we're losing to city and moyles resorts to plan b (his everton plan a)
Not a bad thing, he'll get us goals.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

we never needed a ball winner, the problem with carrick wasn't that he didn't win the ball enough, and winning the ball a lot wasn't what made roy great, fellaini isn't what we need
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

Fella won't make us any worse than we are. He's not tidy or world class. He is a big, fuck off, solid, aggressive above average player, the likes of which we haven't had for years. He's a tool to be used in conjunction with other silky players.

I can't see a downside really at all. If he doesn't work out we have the same dross as last year to replace him. Who we should have bought, or how shit we were in the transfer window isn't the point of this thread or Fella's fault or problem. I don't think he has any problems really. He just transferred to Manu! He'll be delighted and wining fans won't bother him at all.

Good luck Fella.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X