Falcao

Manchester United chat
Calvino
Reserves

6 years ago

Suddenly all the shite about the Glazers not bringing out money has gone well quiet. Huh? You all know who you are!

It will take winning the league title for me to forgive this sale of Danny Welbeck. I hold Sir Alex responsible for it. He dicked the kid around in his last season by playing him wide all the time. I sincerely can not believe how emotional his departure has made me.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

6 years ago

Calvino wrote:Suddenly all the shite about the Glazers not bringing out money has gone well quiet. Huh? You all know who you are!
Don't be a cunt. Our lack of spending for the majority of their reign has been as stark as our splurge this summer. Where was that money when even half of what we've spent this summer, used to properly replace Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Rio and Vidic, would have seen us stay at the top?

The ONLY reason they've spent now is through fear of remaining outside the champions league - not because of football prestige, but because of the revenue impact to sponsorship and commerce. And if we succeed in getting top 4, which i still doubt, you can guarantee we won't spend properly again until we drop out, again.
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

Oh fuck off Cal. Suddenly, what you mean since yesterday? Can someone get Cal a tampon and a tissue.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:There's a Calvino on RedCafe? It couldn't could it??

Does he sound like a whining bitch?
sheesh

6 years ago

Calvino wrote:Suddenly all the shite about the Glazers not bringing out money has gone well quiet. Huh? You all know who you are!
More to the point, where were you when we were forced to the hear 'no value' mantra year after year?

Oh that's right...you were on here moaning about Giggs and Scholes, failing to look at the bigger picture about why we were relying on them in the first place.
Calvino
Reserves

6 years ago

Sheesh,
Well my whining about Scholes and Giggs was proven right in the end. They were the crutches Sir Alex leaned on quickly instead of allowing Anderson, Nani and later Pogba to flourish.

So what is this "bigger picture" please?
Calvino
Reserves

6 years ago

Am not on Red Cafe by the way. Been here since 2005. The only fans' forum I frequent is this.

I don't apologise for wanting us to keep a home grown player in the team. I am with Knobby, if we were going to spend this amount of money on players why the heck did we not get Mourinho in after Sir Alex? Cos this is not proving to be any different.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

6 years ago

Calvino wrote:I am with Knobby, if we were going to spend this amount of money on players why the heck did we not get Mourinho in after Sir Alex? Cos this is not proving to be any different.
Because it isn't a spend driven by a pure desire to win stuff and be the best! We're spending out of desperation and fear because the previously held myth that we would always qualify for the top 4 with limited spend and shite football has been blown away and the glazers have been whipped by our sponsors and seen the reality of what would inevitably follow. This spend has been done to try and protect future revenue of even greater value. If it recaptures top 4, forget any further investment to get right to the top. This isn't a policy change FFS!
Spudiator
Star Man

6 years ago

It's nice to see home-grown players coming through the ranks and doing well, but no home-grown player should ever be kept on the books for sentimental reasons if they're not delivering the goods. Tom Cleverley's a youth team product, but it doesn't stop him being an utter waste of space when he gets a game. I would've preferred to see Welbeck retained too, but only if he's gonna be of use to us. He was barely getting games, and as much as I like the spirit and work-rate he showed for us, he just didn't seem to have what it takes to take his game onto the next level.
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

Calvino wrote:Am not on Red Cafe by the way. Been here since 2005. The only fans' forum I frequent is this.

I don't apologise for wanting us to keep a home grown player in the team. I am with Knobby, if we were going to spend this amount of money on players why the heck did we not get Mourinho in after Sir Alex? Cos this is not proving to be any different.
Cause Jose is a fucking divisive, mercenary cock and spends like a demon every time whilst playing mostly dull football. Welbeck isn't a pet footballer, he's a grown man who wanted first team football in his favourite position which he wasn't good enough to get at United, everything i've read suggests that Welbeck pushed for the move himself. Am i mistaken or did we not spend most of the time he played bemoaning his lack of finishing?

'Cos this is not proving to be any different' One day Cal, one day, how is it possible to be one thing or another at this stage. Also are you saying we didn't need to spend? Or are you pissed off we haven't bought a prospect rather than Demaria or Falcao. After all we bought Rojos, Blind, Herrera there should be enough there to keep you happy if it's unknown potential your looking for, kinda a bit Fergie and a bit Jose. Will be interesting once we start winning some games to see how you feel then.