vs Southampton

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

I'm of two minds about the Europa League. We'd really benefit from the extra coaching time, and not playing in Europe would let us really focus on the league. But in the latter stages you play some teams of real quality, we're in no position to look down on it.
madmax
Star Man

5 years ago

Europa League would give an excuse to keep a lot of the dross. Another year of watching Young,Valencia,Nani is just depressing. Hope Tottenham don't bottle this too.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Plus, playing the kids is all well and good but you know fine rightly, the club and any new manager wouldn't want to wake up at least one Friday a month with headlines about mighty United getting duffed by dynamo kebab, do you think the media will mention we played kids?? Ffs wise up, we'll get back page negative red top shite headlines, the Glazers poolside phone will ring in the States and they'll shit the bricks again and the new manager will either feel the need to play first team players or tell the owners to fuck off, which LVG would probably do.

Its a shite scenario, we need a Spurs win,

Dozer stop shit stirring again.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

Spurs draw will do ~ same goes for City

If we get the Europa spot and Pool win the title tonight...that might just put me over the edge
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

lars072 wrote:Spurs draw will do ~ same goes for City

If we get the Europa spot and Pool win the title tonight...that might just put me over the edge

Haha dont worry, sure a draw and City still win
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

madmax wrote:Europa League would give an excuse to keep a lot of the dross. Another year of watching Young,Valencia,Nani is just depressing. Hope Tottenham don't bottle this too.
Exactly right. Also, what few opportunities to play against solid, European opponents in that latter rounds that may be lost by not qualifying will be more than made up for in the next season when we're back in the Champions League.
madmax
Star Man

5 years ago

We've gone with a very attacking line up
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

What's with the heavy crop circle patterns on Southampton's pitch?
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

Typical vidic, handball in the penalty area. Lucky united.
madredmonkey
Legend

5 years ago

dozer wrote:What's with the heavy crop circle patterns on Southampton's pitch?
Groundsman on the drink.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.