Legend

3 months ago

No cohesion in our attacking football.
Sleepy as fuck
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

Shit today. Real poor.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

3 months ago

It just highlighted what we already knew. You can’t play Mata on the right as he has zero pace - he should only ever be used centrally as a backup to Bruno. Lingard is next to fucking useless, and in a game where the opposition were always going to sit back there’s little point in playing 2 holding midfielders. Still a wins a win. Into the semis.

There’s been a bit of media hype lately that with 2-3 of the right signings in the summer we could challenge for the title. I think that’s bollocks. We’re 5 or 6 short from what I see.
fat maradona
Star Man

3 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
It just highlighted what we already knew. You can’t play Mata on the right as he has zero pace - he should only ever be used centrally as a backup to Bruno. Lingard is next to fucking useless, and in a game where the opposition were always going to sit back there’s little point in playing 2 holding midfielders. Still a wins a win. Into the semis.

There’s been a bit of media hype lately that with 2-3 of the right signings in the summer we could challenge for the title. I think that’s bollocks. We’re 5 or 6 short from what I see.
Agreed re Lingard - fucking useless. There was one flash of lucky richochets and good footwork, and Jenas was banging on about how good Lingard is.....but then the rest of the match Lingard produces his usual wasteful touches and passes.

Disgaree we are 5-6 signings short. Sancho, a decent CB (unless Bailly stays fit) and a world class DM, and I think we would be challengers. Greenwood needs to be given a decent chance next season, so no point in buying another striker unless you bench Martial. Pogba should end up staying and if he finally accepts the role he has to play in our re-emergence, then we should see the best of him. RB & LB are well covered, not sure we can improve those areas without spending huge.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

3 months ago

Striker, Right Winger a Centre Back are a must. I think we need a new keeper too - though that may be Henderson, and I still think we’ll end up needing a better left back than Shaw.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago

Agreed re Lingard - fucking useless. There was one flash of lucky richochets and good footwork, and Jenas was banging on about how good Lingard is.....but then the rest of the match Lingard produces his usual wasteful touches and passes.

Disgaree we are 5-6 signings short. Sancho, a decent CB (unless Bailly stays fit) and a world class DM, and I think we would be challengers. Greenwood needs to be given a decent chance next season, so no point in buying another striker unless you bench Martial. Pogba should end up staying and if he finally accepts the role he has to play in our re-emergence, then we should see the best of him. RB & LB are well covered, not sure we can improve those areas without spending huge.
All three of our forwards won't play for teams challenging for the league.
Spoiler alert : Bailly won't stay fit and won't play that well anyway.
fat maradona
Star Man

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago

Who are the teams challenging for the league anyway? Liverpool and City? Liverpool don't really have a striker, not in the strict sense. Firmino is good, granted. City have Aguero, so fair play, but their other option (Jesus) isn't better than Rashford or Martial. And so I'd have to disagree with your statement.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago

Who are the teams challenging for the league anyway? Liverpool and City? Liverpool don't really have a striker, not in the strict sense. Firmino is good, granted. City have Aguero, so fair play, but their other option (Jesus) isn't better than Rashford or Martial. And so I'd have to disagree with your statement.
Will any or our first choice front 3 (Martial, Rashford, James) start amongst City's or Liverpool's first choice attackers? I don't think they will.
Even if you think their positions aren't complaint, quality wise they aren't up there with the likes of City's Sterling, Aguero and B Silva, and Pool's Mane, Firminho and Salah.
And imo the positions are compliant, 2 inside forwards/wingers and one in the middle. United, City and Pool have players for these positions.
Anyway, quality wise they'll at best be bench players for these clubs.

Even United won the league with the likes of Welbeck who started for us, but he was a weakness in his position.
jason_uk
First Teamer

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago

Will any or our first choice front 3 (Martial, Rashford, James) start amongst City's or Liverpool's first choice attackers? I don't think they will.
Even if you think their positions aren't complaint, quality wise they aren't up there with the likes of City's Sterling, Aguero and B Silva, and Pool's Mane, Firminho and Salah.
And imo the positions are compliant, 2 inside forwards/wingers and one in the middle. United, City and Pool have players for these positions.
Anyway, quality wise they'll at best be bench players for these clubs.

Even United won the league with the likes of Welbeck who started for us, but he was a weakness in his position.
Put Rashford in that City team and he does better than Sterling, and he is younger.

Who in you opinion, could we sign that would be an improvement over Liverpools Mane for the attacking left spot?

Firminho isn't anything special, he just works really well in that liverpool setup. And I'd have Rashford and Martial ahead of Gabriel Jesus.

Yes, James is nothing but squad filler, hes not good enough to be classed as a first team starter, RM is a position that needs sorted, but Rashford and Martial are fine. Add another quality attacker on the right, and it helps those 2, taking pressure of them, and adding more options to the attack.