OGS.....

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago The point is not that there are better forwards than Lukaku out there, it’s that it was self-defeating to alienate and then sell him without having any replacement. Look at the clubs we’re losing to and struggling to score against - Bournemouth, Newcastle, Palace etc. Lukaku is good enough to score against them at least. I’ve seen pundits like Neville defend it on the basis that “ole saw that teams with Lukaku don’t win titles”. Don’t win titles ffs. We’re 10th and five points off the drop.
Yeah not replacing the dosser was pure neglect. I can understand the argument the club made that there wasn't a striker available that fit into Ole's system. But now we're desperate for goals they're on about signing a random anyway, a tall cunt like Mandzukic to hoof it to. But it's 6 months too late. They could have done that in summer then we'd have more points.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

without the paris result he don’t get the job, that don’t happen without lunku, this idea he can’t fit into how we play is great except we don’t have a fucking style of play
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

Since the Paris result and Ole getting the permanent job, we've played 19 league matches, or exactly half a season. In that half a season, we've had 5 wins out of 19 games, scored 20 goals, conceded 25, and gotten 21 points. So Ole's record as manager is on course for 42 points at the end of the season, so a little bit above the relegation zone. With the club that came 2nd in the league the season before he took over. We still have one of the most expensive squads in world football. I feel like I'm in cloud cuckoo land that it's not obvious to everyone that he's a total disaster. Gaal was sacked for coming 5th, but now managerial stability is the most important thing ever. The reality is that, unlike Gaal and Mourinho, Ole doesn't call out Woodward and the owners, that's why they like him.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago Since the Paris result and Ole getting the permanent job, we've played 19 league matches, or exactly half a season. In that half a season, we've had 5 wins out of 19 games, scored 20 goals, conceded 25, and gotten 21 points. So Ole's record as manager is on course for 42 points at the end of the season, so a little bit above the relegation zone. With the club that came 2nd in the league the season before he took over. We still have one of the most expensive squads in world football. I feel like I'm in cloud cuckoo land that it's not obvious to everyone that he's a total disaster. Gaal was sacked for coming 5th, but now managerial stability is the most important thing ever. The reality is that, unlike Gaal and Mourinho, Ole doesn't call out Woodward and the owners, that's why they like him.
He's clearly out of his depth, and I don't think its a given that we won't be sucked into a relegation battle. Seriously.

But I go back to my earlier comment. I think, simply put, that the board don't want to sack another manager. That simple. They know that they've fucked up over the last few years, the probably know they fucked up giving it to Ole, but we need at least the illusion of a long term plan to buy the players we need.

Its a circular argument though, because I can't see anyone who'd be of the quality needed coming here at the minute. Not to play for Ole.
bman2
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago Since the Paris result and Ole getting the permanent job, we've played 19 league matches, or exactly half a season. In that half a season, we've had 5 wins out of 19 games, scored 20 goals, conceded 25, and gotten 21 points. So Ole's record as manager is on course for 42 points at the end of the season, so a little bit above the relegation zone. With the club that came 2nd in the league the season before he took over. We still have one of the most expensive squads in world football. I feel like I'm in cloud cuckoo land that it's not obvious to everyone that he's a total disaster. Gaal was sacked for coming 5th, but now managerial stability is the most important thing ever. The reality is that, unlike Gaal and Mourinho, Ole doesn't call out Woodward and the owners, that's why they like him.
He's clearly out of his depth, and I don't think its a given that we won't be sucked into a relegation battle. Seriously.

But I go back to my earlier comment. I think, simply put, that the board don't want to sack another manager. That simple. They know that they've fucked up over the last few years, the probably know they fucked up giving it to Ole, but we need at least the illusion of a long term plan to buy the players we need.

Its a circular argument though, because I can't see anyone who'd be of the quality needed coming here at the minute. Not to play for Ole.
I agree, one way out of the catch 22 would be to hire a well respected DoF, the sooner the better.
marlon
Legend

They took ages to sack Mourinho during his crap third season - mid December, 6th 11 points off the top 4 - that was the first time Woodward had sacked a manager before they'd officially missed CL qualification. And he was sacked just to get him out, there was no plan. There's still no plan and Solskjaer's not as destructive as Mourinho, so there's a decent chance he gets the full season - and if he puts a little run together towards the end he'll probably get another year.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago without the paris result he don’t get the job, that don’t happen without lunku, this idea he can’t fit into how we play is great except we don’t have a fucking style of play
Putting it down to one game is dumb, as is putting that result down to one player when it was Rash that scored the last minute pen. The record breaking 8 consecutive away wins before Paris matter n all. Paris was just the cherry on top.
bman2
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago
They took ages to sack Mourinho during his crap third season - mid December, 6th 11 points off the top 4 - that was the first time Woodward had sacked a manager before they'd officially missed CL qualification. And he was sacked just to get him out, there was no plan. There's still no plan and Solskjaer's not as destructive as Mourinho, so there's a decent chance he gets the full season - and if he puts a little run together towards the end he'll probably get another year.
Mourinho effectively resigned in August and everyone at the club knew it. Fuck, most supporters with a clue knew it. He just dragged it out so the club would have to pay him to go away, which is just sensible. In August he said the club had no ambition, which is undeniable given the player recruitment.
bman2
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 4 years ago
I think it’s obviously plausible that we could get sucked into a relegation battle. Objectively, that’s just where we are. The football is garbage, we can’t score goals, and the results are garbage. You can easily see the bottom falling out of the squad, psychologically, witty very player’s agent telling them, don’t worry, I’ll get you out if they get relegated. If things are going badly, all our players are going to more focused on avoiding injury, staying viable to get a transfer out, and avoid the championship. No United player ever saw themselves in the championship. I think people will he surprised how quickly and dramatically the arse will fall out of this shitshow as soon as relegation seems like a real possibility.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Theres talk of Emery out and Roger's in at Arsenal. If Emery does go and Roger's looks set to move, we should nip in.