To elk or not to elk

The original Den of Iniquity
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

You still up Sid?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
...er just one question - how do I move my last contribution here, rather than having to re-type it?
Ah - you already did it!
apologies for the time all that took... to do it properly you need to go through all the posts page by page, move them and then edit all the moved ones to reflect the new title. I could probably do it quicker in the database but then people would probably complain about these terrible despotic powers I have.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

...there’s a lot to be argued in favour of enlightened despotism Fuß, according to my old history teacher!
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
...there’s a lot to be argued in favour of enlightened despotism Fuß, according to my old history teacher!
Do not let Trump talk to that history teacher.
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
...er just one question - how do I move my last contribution here, rather than having to re-type it?
Ah - you already did it!
apologies for the time all that took... to do it properly you need to go through all the posts page by page, move them and then edit all the moved ones to reflect the new title. I could probably do it quicker in the database but then people would probably complain about these terrible despotic powers I have.
Jesus you are so butt hurt. I didn't make you spend ages doing a gotcha post that landed like a bust condom, that was you're choice you did it. Here's a hint, next time pick something that everyone else isn't fully aware of and been dealing with for years. For example you could ask our resident Elk hunter if bears shit in the woods.......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
1 month ago
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
1 month ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
1 month ago
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
1 month ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
1 month ago

These are NOT subsistence hunts, rather they are a lottery drawing for which you must pay to apply and be lucky enough to be picked, if you are not picked you forfeit the cost of the application. The money raised from these hunts (licenses, permits, tags) is used by the Arizona Game & Fish, and Forestry Departments to help maintain the lands on which the hunts occur, otherwise that cost would have to be covered by federal and state taxes. I could purchase a half (or even a quarter) a cow from one of the local ranches, butchered that is between 4 to 8 hundred pounds and cost $750 - $1500 approximately. Of course you could buy the meat one steak at a time but then the cost becomes extremely expensive. A hunting license, drawing entry and tags will cost me about $150 and a butchered Elk will provide about 450 pounds. It is illegal not to maximize the amount of meat taken from a downed animal, the penalties are; fines and the loss of equipment used in the hunt (vehicles, planes, boats), weapons and camp equipment although it is usually just the fine.

These hunts are not just harvesting animals, the hunting areas cover hundreds (and in some cases thousands) of square miles, the animals have better sense of sight, hearing and smell, they are stronger and have better stamina. The rates for getting picked for these hunts is very low and not all those picked will be successful, the fulfilment rates is usually around the mid to high teens. If you choose not to eat meat that’s just fine, if you choose to have someone else kill and butcher your animal of choice, that also works. I will kill and eat my own animals thanks.
Fuck off!

You couch your shitty defense of hunting with the typical crap about "eating what you kill", and "it's no different than gong down t' butchers"...

CUNT!!!! You expose yourself with this one simple line... "rather they are a lottery drawing for which you must pay to apply and be lucky enough to be picked"... "lucky enough to be picked"????

People like you make me fuckin puke... you're no different than the rich toffs supporting the "RIGHT", to get together with a bunch of like minded degenerates, on horseback, with a pack of dogs, running a poor fuckin fox to ground and calling it "sport"...

At least have the guts to call it what it is... you like to get your little gun out, and go shoot summat, cause it gives you a "Rambo" hard on.

Piece of shit!!!
Fuck you shithead

If I want amateur psychoanalysis I would watch the Oprah Winfree or the Dr Phil Shows, but I do not want or need that type of analysis and I definitely do not want it from you. Let me give you some insight into your epiphany that you used to reveal my deep inner reasons for hunting, the "lucky enough to be picked" line, what you think this line means to you is beyond me and I really don't care what you think it means.. Lotteries have more entrants than items available, otherwise it’s called shopping. I have lived in Arizona for the last 10 years and each year I have applied for multiple hunts, I have been selected for three hunts over that same time frame that’s where the luck comes in.

Frankly I don’t give a rats arse for your opinions or what make you puke, but I get the feeling a lot of things want to make you puke. You appear much more pissed off at “rich toffs” and their gatherings than anything to do with discussing the merits or deficiencies of hunting as part of a game management system. Do us both a favor; put me on your Foe list, I have done the same to you, and neither need to read the others opinion.

In the meantime, eat shit and die motherfucker.
Ha... yeah, conservation, my arse... that's why you put your name in the hat, right? Cause you're trying to do your bit for nature, right?... nothing to do with actually enjoying "the hunt", yeah?... Bungalow Billy-Bob Big Bollocks... putting himself out there... just him and the deadly beastie... no quarter asked, none given... this is for real men, this... you're garbage mate, and no doubt about it. You've got all the excuses down, sound reasons for why this just must be done, but all you really give a fuck about, is putting some helpless creature in your scope, and snuffing out its life. And don't give me that crap about not caring what anyone thinks... why else would you even post it here??? Obviously someone would take offense when it comes to hunting... someone always takes offense, and for good reason... which was really the point, wasn't it? You wanted someone to call you out on it, so you could put up your pitiful arguments for why it's righteous... and there is nothing, absolutely nothing you can say that makes it so... You're garbage, and if there was any real justice in the world, there'd be a season for shooting Redneck shitheads... now THAT would be good sport! Might even put my name in the hat for that one... Cunt!
You really are fucking clueless, if I could put you on my Foe list I would. Instead I'll ignore you.
That's very big and brave of you. As Alf said you brought this up. You could try to explain what you get out of the kill, you don't have to but it's kind of the point of discussion you started. Imagine those Elk could argue back, hunting would be devastated.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Does Elk taste good?
swampash
Legend

4 weeks ago

...that was a serious question by the way.
FuB
Legend

4 weeks ago

swampash wrote:
4 weeks ago
...that was a serious question by the way.
i think the only poster who might have been able to give an answer to that has now fucked off... along with Alf (again)
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
fat maradona
First Teamer

4 weeks ago

ffs, a controversial thread and Alf returning and I missed it by not logging in....