OGS.....

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Poch is probably the way to go. Track record of turning around clubs that are a mess, making teams competitive, motivating players, gets the most out of young players, knows the league etc. He's still working for Spurs though, and he might need a bit of downtime before leaping from that shitshow to our shitshow. I don't think he's a busted flush, just stayed too long at Spurs.

It's right to ask if Poch is the man to win you titles, but that's hardly a pressing concern for us right now, we need someone to make us a CL club agin, attract top talent. Actually give this supposed rebuild some credibility.
sheesh
Legend

I'm getting pissed off with some of the posts on RedCafe. United fans defending the indefensible because watching United is about more than winning trophies. It's about going to the game and having a laugh. I'm paraphrasing, but that's more or less what someone wrote.

So it's fine for us to sit three points off the relegation zone?

Why are so many of our fans like this?
bman2
Legend

sheesh wrote: 4 years ago I'm getting pissed off with some of the posts on RedCafe. United fans defending the indefensible because watching United is about more than winning trophies. It's about going to the game and having a laugh. I'm paraphrasing, but that's more or less what someone wrote.

Sounds like falling the hype, top red shit. As if demanding great football is incompatible with supporting United. The club are doing a great job of convincing some people that mediocrity is ok, redefining the brand...
FuB
Site Admin

sheesh wrote: 4 years ago I'm getting pissed off with some of the posts on RedCafe. United fans defending the indefensible because watching United is about more than winning trophies. It's about going to the game and having a laugh. I'm paraphrasing, but that's more or less what someone wrote.

Quite a lot of fans have been there before, remember... and then it all came good with Ferguson. I very much doubt history is going to repeat itself here but that's probably one of the reasons you're seeing that sort of attitude.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
FuB
Site Admin

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago Poch is probably the way to go. Track record of turning around clubs that are a mess, making teams competitive, motivating players, gets the most out of young players, knows the league etc. He's still working for Spurs though, and he might need a bit of downtime before leaping from that shitshow to our shitshow. I don't think he's a busted flush, just stayed too long at Spurs.

It's right to ask if Poch is the man to win you titles, but that's hardly a pressing concern for us right now, we need someone to make us a CL club agin, attract top talent. Actually give this supposed rebuild some credibility.
General rumours are that the Spurs dressing room is in tatters possibly due to him playing an injured Kane in the CL final. Regardless of what he's done at Spurs, it's got to a bit of a red flag given our own fucked up dressing room.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Is there another manager who could take this team and build a league winning side over the next 2-3 years?? Someone modern and someone who can act as a DoF too?

No good sacking managers... Woodworm and the board need sacking. It can't be bad luck having all these managers failing
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago resign
But would you sack him?
not til poch is sacked tbf, although I would’ve sacked him when he claimed the board have spent loads of money and had a pop at the fans

he needs fucking off tho tbf, he’s motes with martinez embarrassing over the top positivity about everything, gea was furious after the game but ole was buzzing ffs
I thought you wouldn't go for him now. :ymcowboy:
fub written warning for laz please for this blatant accusation without supporting evidence
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

this isn’t how we do things on rant

I’m shocked and disappointed
lkhm

hoofing
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Has he had the decency to walk yet...

I agree with the stripping of deadwood and building a new team...but I'm doubtful Ole is the man to do it. Needs a top coach to oversee the rebuild... just need one who plays attacking modern football... Klopp was our biggest mistake.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
FuB
Site Admin

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago resign
But would you sack him?
not til poch is sacked tbf, although I would’ve sacked him when he claimed the board have spent loads of money and had a pop at the fans

he needs fucking off tho tbf, he’s motes with martinez embarrassing over the top positivity about everything, gea was furious after the game but ole was buzzing ffs
I thought you wouldn't go for him now. :ymcowboy:
fub written warning for laz please for this blatant accusation without supporting evidence
I thought it was clear that it's only Laz who gets to decide what he can and can't do? And loudly too. Rant's very own Trump. Obviously I mean the idiot in charge of the US and not a fart.