OGS.....

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

RedDevilinAZ wrote: 4 years ago Like it or not for clubs like United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc the commercial value of a player will alway be a consideration, it should never be the primary consideration but it will be considered. Think of Ronaldo going to Madrid, according to some reportsMadrid recovered his transfer fee within the first year and I would expect the same to be true for his move to Juventus. The money generated from the television contract has turned the transfer market on it head; at least in the premier league no one needs to sell players if they don’t want to and therefore even players with no or little commercial value are going for outrageous fees. Ask yourself, what Neymar worth £225M for his football skill alone?

If United have a decent season, qualify for Europe and go far in a cup or two, and Pogba has a good year then Real Madrid will be back next summer willing to pay £180M because they kow they will make money on the deal.
Agreed, we didn't pay £90m for Pogba in the first place solely based on his footballing prowess. I bet the club made the fee back within 12 months from various commercial activities.
fat maradona
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago If Pogba believes United is competitive, he will stay. He thought he was coming back to the club he left.
How do you know this? Also, why did he think this? Fergie was gone and we'd just had Moyes and LVG we were nothing like the club he left.

Utter arse gravy.

It was the money....... :wall:
tbf, I don't think we were his first choice. During all the transfer noise that year, it was Barca and Real that he really wanted to go to. But I'm sure the motivational talk from Mourinho and the big fat pay checks would have easily swayed the poor lad's mind.
swampash
Legend

He’s a mercenary. He’ll go wherever the money is.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

His agent works on the premise; never sell a player as a long term prospect once if he can be sold on a few years down the road .
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

sticking with november sacking prediction tbf
lkhm

hoofing
FuB
Site Admin

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago sticking with november sacking prediction tbf
I think they'll leave it just a bit longer than that. The closer they can do it to the January window, the better it will be as an excuse for no spending.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

FuB wrote: 4 years ago
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago sticking with november sacking prediction tbf
I think they'll leave it just a bit longer than that. The closer they can do it to the January window, the better it will be as an excuse for no spending.
What next though. We've tried the "young Ferguson", the possession football, the long ball dinosaur, now the home grown legend... Where now?

We'll struggle to attract a top manager while the Glazers are in charge, with their revenue before results philosophy

I don't think I can be arsed to follow this depressing process anymore, trying to make united great again while under pointless austerity. It's just stupid.
bman2
Legend

Well Ole’s three signings are looking good. That was a quality goal by James. Perhaps if we give him time to make some midfield signings we’re looking at a very different team.

Another season away though.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

Sacking Ole will be an unmitigated disaster on many fronts, not the least being that no manager worth anything would not come anywhere near a club run like ours. For better or worse we are committed to Ole’s youth movement with mostly on-the-job training for everyone.

That being said is would not surprise me if Ole is gone by the new year.
bman2
Legend

RedDevilinAZ wrote: 4 years ago Sacking Ole will be an unmitigated disaster on many fronts, not the least being that no manager worth anything would not come anywhere near a club run like ours. For better or worse we are committed to Ole’s youth movement with mostly on-the-job training for everyone.

That being said is would not surprise me if Ole is gone by the new year.
Yeah you're probably right. There's no choice but to but to run with it for the time being. If Ole leaves, especially if it's in the middle of the season, realistically what's next?