vs Palace

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

I'll just be happy if dosser Static, Young, Jones and Smalling are all kept out of the 11
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

We started ok and faded against Wolves. We need to keep the pressure up against lesser teams until we've broken them with a 3/4-0 scoreline. Putting the season in with one goal against these teams will not be good enough, it leaves them with hope of stealing a draw and gives them something to aim for. We don't have the team yet to really challenge the top teams but we should be punishing those below us with the players we have.

Keeping those four out of the team works as well tbf.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

tell the welsh cunt to stop diving tbf
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
We started ok and faded against Wolves. We need to keep the pressure up against lesser teams until we've broken them with a 3/4-0 scoreline. Putting the season in with one goal against these teams will not be good enough, it leaves them with hope of stealing a draw and gives them something to aim for. We don't have the team yet to really challenge the top teams but we should be punishing those below us with the players we have.

Well we play with three in midfield but Pogba is the only one that creates anything. So that’s a major bottleneck. In our first two games our supposed no.10s have been nonentities.

Our beat hope is probably that our fullbacks start creating a lot, as they do for Pool. Pools fullbacks get a fuck load of assists, and ours are a lot of the ball, so I think that’s what Ole wants to happen.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago

Well we play with three in midfield but Pogba is the only one that creates anything. So that’s a major bottleneck. In our first two games our supposed no.10s have been nonentities.

Our beat hope is probably that our fullbacks start creating a lot, as they do for Pool. Pools fullbacks get a fuck load of assists, and ours are a lot of the ball, so I think that’s what Ole wants to happen.
I don't think Wan-Bissaka has the ability. He gets into good positions but always plays a simple pass. I've only seen him put in a couple of balls, and they weren't anything special. It might be nerves, or it might be something they need to work on because like you say we're short on creativity.
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

Wolves are a fair bit better than Palace, so we should be winning this comfortably. If we don’t get more from Lingard/Pereira/James etc against this lot, the plan should change. Probably a good time to give Greenwood a start.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

if we’re going with basaka the one on the other side needs to be a flyer to make up for him tbf

shaws had his chance, fucking him off is what a proper club would do
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

marlon wrote:
1 month ago
Wolves are a fair bit better than Palace, so we should be winning this comfortably. If we don’t get more from Lingard/Pereira/James etc against this lot, the plan should change. Probably a good time to give Greenwood a start.
reckon linshite might get his annual goal now the media are starting to notice he’s shite tbf
lkhm

hoofing
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
I'll just be happy if dosser Static, Young, Jones and Smalling are all kept out of the 11
You have your wish. Unchanged from Wolves.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

1 month ago

Somewhat surprised; I though Ole might have given Greenwood or even Gomes a start in this game. I suppose it's too early in the season to be taking that kind of chance.