Nev's rant on MNF

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
Of course, we don't know how the thing was edited, but the way they put it together, it seems like McKay's questioning went on far too long and got awkward for everyone.
Not Robbie from AFTV who was in the interview. He praised McKola for trying to get answers and said Nev was exposed. Depends how you view it though I suppose. I was cheering him on as were others in the room at the time according to Robbie.

He's got no cred on this stuff. He should stick to his tactical insight because he's really good at that, although is starting to appear a bit outdated as football is a lot different to when he last played.
FuB
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
Nah he was just badgering him because he wasn't saying what he wanted him to say. It's not a big deal, but I thought it was a bit rude, made a bit of a tit of himself and will be less likely invited to something again in the future.
I don't get in what way he was "rude". I felt Nev interrupted and deflected just as much as McKola interrupted.

Regardless, McKola was there in the capacity of a journalist and people laud journalists like Paxman and James O'Brien for not letting politicians avoid the question. I don't see why he shouldn't be lauded for giving Gary Neville (who's becoming more and more a tow the line politician by the day) a hard questioning and sticking to his guns.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

4 months ago

nev will tell everyone who’ll listen he’s just a fan while at the same time having no interest in the opinion of fans tbf
lkhm

hoofing
FuB
Legend

4 months ago

yeah, exactly.

he wants a bit of banter with the fans but at the same time he wants to be elevated above them.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Well those criticisms of Neville are fair enough, I suppose. But I don't think it's fair to criticise him for not being more negative about the club right now. He's made all the same criticisms the rest of us have in the recent past, especially after shit matches. But he'd just be a prick to Ole and the players if he didn't try to be a bit optimistic at the start of the season. Poch and Klopp turned around Spurs and Liverpool in recent memory with teams that weren't much more promising.