Forum for match day threads
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
4 wins out of 4 so far, 1 goal conceded

An academy kid has either scored of assisted all of the goals
That's quality. I'm happy to go with the kids - I have little confidence in our recruitment, particularly from abroad. A quality CB is a must though and Maguire looks like the best we can get.

Sky just reported that Ole has basically told Woodward to stop pissing about and get it done.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

3 months ago

as if he’s got the bollocks
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Our young lads really are young though, teenagers. Realistically, we’d be doing well if one of the teenagers gets decent minutes.

But is Maguire really £90M better than Tuanzebe?
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

I've not called for a rebuild.... I made reference to the "rebuild" everyone is talking about. (Which I could've made clearer tbf) I've been pretty consistent with my thoughts on us definitely needing a new defender, bringing someone like Bruno in and being prepared to put trust in the young players.

This is from the transfer thread:

"I'm going to hold back until the window shuts, however, it's not looking great. Two weeks left and no rebuild in sight!

I think Ash might be correct. Bringing in the youth and promoting it as " going back to our principles".

Why can't we just go and get the quality needed? There's no ambition at board level on the football field."

Here is my thoughts from the tour thread a few weeks ago:

"Right, fuck it. Wan-Bassaka will be fucking class for 10 years plus. Greenwood, Gomez and James need to be in the match day squad for the season.

Lukaku can fuck off and we should bring Greenwood in as his replacement.

Sign a top top central defender and next season will be an improvement on last. We might win fuck all but will enjoy seeing the kids improve over the season."

To summarise... I think we need a defender because Eric is like class and Axel may not be up to a full season. We could definitely do with a Bruno Fernandes type player and I'm happy for the young boys to have a crack this season.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
sheesh
Legend

3 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
3 months ago
I've not called for a rebuild.... I made reference to the "rebuild" everyone is talking about. (Which I could've made clearer tbf) I've been pretty consistent with my thoughts on us definitely needing a new defender, bringing someone like Bruno in and being prepared to put trust in the young players.

"I'm going to hold back until the window shuts, however, it's not looking great. Two weeks left and no rebuild in sight!

I think Ash might be correct. Bringing in the youth and promoting it as " going back to our principles".

Why can't we just go and get the quality needed? There's no ambition at board level on the football field."

"Right, fuck it. Wan-Bassaka will be fucking class for 10 years plus. Greenwood, Gomez and James need to be in the match day squad for the season.

Sign a top top central defender and next season will be an improvement on last. We might win fuck all but will enjoy seeing the kids improve over the season."

To summarise... I think we need a defender because Eric is like class and Axel may not be up to a full season. We could definitely do with a Bruno Fernandes type player and I'm happy for the young boys to have a crack this season.
Thanks for clarifying, Brian, and apologies for making you put together such a detailed post :)) Sorry.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

sheesh wrote:
3 months ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
3 months ago

Thanks for clarifying, Brian, and apologies for making you put together such a detailed post :)) Sorry.
Sheesh you know I've always had a soft spot for you... but don't push it cunty by making me use effort in my posts... I've never done that and don't plan on starting 14 years later!!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars