Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

Aye, does look as if the Board have seen the money wasted by LvG and Mourinho, shit players like Bailly, Fred, Matic et al all coming in at big fees and no improvement, and thought 'fuck it'.

And does look like they'd rather promote the yoof.

Not a great time to be a United fan tbh
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

I'm going to hold back until the window shuts, however, it's not looking great. Two weeks left and no rebuild in sight!

I think Ash might be correct. Bringing in the youth and promoting it as " going back to our principles".

Why can't we just go and get the quality needed? There's no ambition at board level on the football field.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
bman2
Legend

Yeah, and with Chelsea transfer blocked and Arsenal skint, we should be taking advantage of the opportunity to make some good buys and re-establish ourselves as a top four side (pathetic as that ambition is).

I think we're in for a period of continued decline. And not just on the pitch. Financially, clubs like Barcelona and Real will pull ahead of us, and other clubs will catch up to us, so we'll squander and eventually lose that structural advantage we had as a result of our wealth.
marlon
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago
marlon wrote: 4 years ago https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-16638113

Not interested in Pepe or Fernandes and Maguire and Longstaff are too expensive...
The MEN is just as bad as the Sun/Mirror/Star/Knobby tbf, I wouldn't believe anything they say.
Plausible though
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

On the face of it, our pre season results and performances have been positive. And as a principle I genuinely believe the all managers coming into a club mid season, need a pre season to really shape things - particularly in terms of fitness and team character. So in that sense, it's to be welcomed.

But it probably doesn't do us any favours in terms of maintaining urgency around the need for a couple of quality signings.

In football terms, you could make a case that a sensible approach for our 'rebuild' is actually to give some of the younger players a real go, playing with energy and tempo. Then we go and get a couple of signings next year when we know whether Gomes, Greenwood, Chong and Tuanzebe look like making it. But I dont think that's what we're doing. It's not a football agenda, it's a financial one, which is why I dont buy into it.

If we dont go and buy a quality, commanding centre half then it really is gross negligence.
marlon
Legend

Yeah the troubling thing isn't that they don't want to pay 130m for Maguire and Longstaff, it's that they were are first and seemingly only choices. And we can't sell players because our squad players would be the highest earners at most clubs that might be interested. And yet we keep handing out extensions, even to players who won't play. We're badly run from any angle.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

even gaal had good pre seasons before reality kicked in tbf

remember the win over liverpool that sid counts as a competitive game tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago even gaal had good pre seasons before reality kicked in tbf

remember the win over liverpool that sid counts as a competitive game tbf
When we beat em home & away in the league?
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

no when we beat em in a friendly and you counted it as four in a row
lkhm

hoofing
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago no when we beat em in a friendly and you counted it as four in a row
14 Dec 2014 Manchester United 3-0 Liverpool Premier League

22 Mar 2015 Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United Premier League

12 Sep 2015 Manchester United 3-1 Liverpool Premier League

17 Jan 2016 Liverpool 0-1 Manchester United Premier League

But now you mention the win in preseason it's actually 5 in a row. Not even Tim Sherwoody could manage that.