Pogba Confirmed

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 4 years ago It'll be interesting to see if the Real fans will take to Hazard. He doesn't score that many goals. I mean he was at best as good as Bale was in the Premier league. Iirc bale was better and more consistent.
He will score more in La Liga playing in a great team every week. But he does just dribble a lot looking for a foul, then walks off like that's his job done. He needs to add more to his game if he's going to become a true great. But jhe will because spain will be a new challenge, and he'll have a manager who'll push him more.

Question is will Abramovic replace Hazard? How arsed is he after his visa got rejected and he can't work in the UK? He'll need a good 100/150m to replace what Hazard gave em which I can't see him investing, not after he's been trying to sell the club
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Chelsea have a transfer ban this summer don’t they?
Lazarus
Legend

FuB wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
FuB wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago It says it only applies to Italy. So fingers crossed.
no, that's not what it says

His license in Italy has been suspended. If he doesn't have a license anywhere else (which he may well do), he's effectively suspended everywhere.
"His ban will only apply in Italy and therefore will not affect any business elsewhere, meaning he would still be free to negotiate a move away from Old Trafford for Pogba, who has his heart set on a move to Real Madrid."

https://talksport.com/football/540449/m ... talian-fa/

:ymcowboy:
https://www.football-italia.net/137900/ ... -worldwide

Thing is... I read the actual Italian language sources of the story and, well, the only person saying it was "only Italy" was Raiola himself. Given he has more players outside of the Italian league and his business is actually registered in Malta (and his cousin's in Cork), it seemed a rather empty gesture if it wasn't going to be backed up by UEFA or FIFA.
Turns out it's not even Italy, his ban has been lifted. So Pogba can move (yeah!) and we get Bale (ffs).........
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 4 years ago Chelsea have a transfer ban this summer don’t they?
They're appealing it, so probably not.......
bman2
Legend

I was just looking at our stats again, and it's really clear that Pogba's performances (and the whole team's performances) suddenly dropped off dramatically around mid-February when Herrera got injured. There's probably a few things going on (maybe tiredness, etc.), but it seems pretty clear that without Herrera our midfield went to shit.

Ole's great start relied almost entirely on a midfield three of Matic - Herrera - Pogba. That's definitely a midfield that can be improved on in terms of quality, but in terms of the players' functions it works pretty well and is a pretty classic set-up in the 4-3-3 era. Matic is defensive screen (and not too mobile), Herrera is the runabouty water-carrier, and Pogba does the creativity and is more focused on attack. It's a bit like a shittier version of the Pirlo - Vidal - Pogba combo that worked so well for Juve. None of McT, Fred, or Pereira could replace Herrera (though they maybe do a better job replacing Matic). You can see that Matic and Pogba's possession and passing stats drop significantly once Herrera's gone.

We seriously need someone who can be the box-to-box runabouty midfielder, someone like a young Arturo Vidal or a Keano. To say nothing of improving on Matic.

If Pogba leaves this summer, as far as I can tell, we basically have no midfield. It would be a total disaster.
Lazarus
Legend

France down 2-0 to turkey. Pogba has been just as shit for France as he's been for us. He's losing his cool....
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago France down 2-0 to turkey. Pogba has been just as shit for France as he's been for us. He's losing his cool....
It's a mental/attitude problem with him. He has the talent, but not the mindset to be a top, top player.
Lazarus
Legend

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... nited.html

...but, but, but I was told he was doing great, WC, Starman, dominating games, top MF in Europe. Pogba doesn't think so apparently. I said he was struggling with the price tag and Pogba agrees.
Robbo
First Teamer

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... nited.html

...but, but, but I was told he was doing great, WC, Starman, dominating games, top MF in Europe. Pogba doesn't think so apparently. I said he was struggling with the price tag and Pogba agrees.
Still doesnt alter the fact that he can go.
-----------------------------------------------------
dozer
Legend

We can't replace the whole team. Pogba at least seems to try hard. He's not as good as his price tag but he has some drive.
A lot of other players need to go. There are no rumours about Jones and Smalling which is a bad sign