Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago

I'd rather not buy established players anymore. Especially flops at other clubs like Kroos.
It hasn't worked for us.
Let's buy players who're hungry for a great career and work on the pitch for it. Preferably guys who don't tweet/insta a lot.
Do you even watch Spanish football? He's hardly a flop, he's had at least 4 good seasons (out of 5) at Real.
He's expendable. He always was and didn't quite maintain the hype post his move from Bayern.
The last thing we need is another prime player who's not wanted at his current club joining us for money.
We need to do this the hard way and discover players. Liverpool have done this consistently well in the last few years.
They haven't bought complete unknowns but the players improved.
fat maradona
First Teamer

3 months ago

I get what you're saying about buying and developing. But I completely disagree about your Kroos comments. He keeps the Real midfield ticking along, a bit like Rakitic for Barca and Verratti for PSG. You don't read much about those two either but both are important to their respective sides.

I'd welcome Kroos and only wish Moyes/Woodward had signed him up back in 2013.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
3 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
3 months ago
Apparently City fancy Maguire as Kompany’s replacement
Reading that Napoli have turned down a United bid of £95M bid for Kulabali.
95m is madness for a defender that just does the ugly stuff (albeit very well). For that price I'd want an all round top quality CB that can also play football and lead, like Van Dijk.

Lazio will only accept a bid over 100m, when you could get De Ligt for similar / less, and with him you're getting the full package. According to Jan Aage Fjortoft we're doing everything we can to sign him. Don't come tbf. There's a very strong chance we'll fuck up a great young talent.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Daniel James is done. 15m.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
3 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
3 months ago
Apparently City fancy Maguire as Kompany’s replacement
Reading that Napoli have turned down a United bid of £95M bid for Kulabali.
95m is madness for a defender that just does the ugly stuff (albeit very well). For that price I'd want an all round top quality CB that can also play football and lead, like Van Dijk.

Lazio will only accept a bid over 100m, when you could get De Ligt for similar / less, and with him you're getting the full package. According to Jan Aage Fjortoft we're doing everything we can to sign him. Don't come tbf. There's a very strong chance we'll fuck up a great young talent.
I’ll be amazed if De Ligt goes anywhere other than Barca. I’d be absolutely stunned if he came here.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

3 months ago

I am reading that Barca, City, Liverpool and United are in for De Ligt, the only way I see him coming to United is if we spend a record amount for the agent fees.

We have not had too much luck with that strategy.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

3 months ago

evra was spot on tbf, theres only one reason youd pick us over the top clubs and it aint this utd dna shite
lkhm

hoofing
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
No confirmation from the club yet.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
Our top 2 or 3 choices for the wing turned us down then. I'm sure Ole's kick and run speed merchant from the championship will bring back the United Way.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 months ago

Looking more and more likely that De Gea will be off.