vs Huddersfield

Forum for match day threads
Steggo
Legend

7 months ago

Apparently Young said that he couldn’t ‘fault the effort or attitude of the players’ during the Huddersfield game. This man is a moron and comments like that are an insult to every fan. The sooner we get rid of shits like that ,the better. It was bad enough watching that bile but then to have a ‘senior’ player come out and make excuses is pathetic.
There is something rotting in the state of Denmark.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

7 months ago

Steggo wrote:
7 months ago
Apparently Young said that he couldn’t ‘fault the effort or attitude of the players’ during the Huddersfield game. This man is a moron and comments like that are an insult to every fan. The sooner we get rid of shits like that ,the better. It was bad enough watching that bile but then to have a ‘senior’ player come out and make excuses is pathetic.
There is something rotting in the state of Denmark.
Ole said similar. In a game where every watching supporter could see we weren't putting a shift in. Even during commentary, Neville was calling the players out for walking back into position, not closing down aggressively or making forward runs off the ball.

It may have just been an attempt to protect that players, but If Ole genuinely believes that those effort levels are good enough, we're fucked.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

7 months ago

I cannot believe that anyone with an ounce of football sense can actually believe that those players gave a rat arse about winning that game. That level of performance and effort is an insult to the United fans who went to watch that game and the club, from Woodward on down, should apologies to them. I cannot understand Youngs statement:
I can’t fault the effort and attitude. We applied ourselves - especially in the first 20 minutes when it was all us. It’s tough to take their goal.
Does this clown really think that applying yourself for 20 minutes should be good enough to win? Does he really think that Huddersfield are a technically better team that United? The effort and attitude I saw from United was more about getting home early so I can pack for my summer vacation that anything to do with winning a football game.
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Huddersfield lost their previous 8 matches.
Steggo
Legend

7 months ago

And they had nothing to play for apart from pride-something we sadly lacked.
dozer
Legend

7 months ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
7 months ago
I cannot believe that anyone with an ounce of football sense can actually believe that those players gave a rat arse about winning that game. That level of performance and effort is an insult to the United fans who went to watch that game and the club, from Woodward on down, should apologies to them. I cannot understand Youngs statement:
I can’t fault the effort and attitude. We applied ourselves - especially in the first 20 minutes when it was all us. It’s tough to take their goal.
Does this clown really think that applying yourself for 20 minutes should be good enough to win? Does he really think that Huddersfield are a technically better team that United? The effort and attitude I saw from United was more about getting home early so I can pack for my summer vacation that anything to do with winning a football game.
I can fully understand this. Our players are mentally so mediocre, they've all turned into Moyes.
Steggo
Legend

7 months ago

Just read another brilliant quote from Young. ‘We needed other teams to help us out and we needed to help ourselves and we haven’t done that’.
As far as I can recall the form of Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea over the last month has hardly been inspiring. If we’d have played at a half decent level we could have made the top four because those other 3 were, in a way, helping us out. And since when does a captain of Manchester United, after such a dire season think it’s okay to need help?