Squad

Manchester United chat
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

7 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
7 months ago
who’s improved
Lindelof, McTominay, Rashford, Lukaku. Pogba has gone off again, but The first 8 weeks or so under Ole was the best he’s been for us.
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Sid wrote:
7 months ago
Almost every player, that's why we've got 39 points from 16 games compared to Jose who got 26 points from 17, why we got 8 away wins in a row, beat PSG etc.

Have you forgotten how shit things were under Jose?
:wall:
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
7 months ago
7 months ago
who’s improved
Lindelof, McTominay, Rashford, Lukaku. Pogba has gone off again, but The first 8 weeks or so under Ole was the best he’s been for us.

Still in the CL, still fighting for 4th and obvious improvement all without one player he can call his own. And only having dross players that most on here don't rate at all.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

7 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
7 months ago
7 months ago
who’s improved

Still in the CL, still fighting for 4th and obvious improvement all without one player he can call his own. And only having dross players that most on here don't rate at all.
I don’t disagree. He’s doing a very good job so far. It’s a bigger test in the summer though because the squad needs a lot of change for us to get back to the top. And I’d question whether we have the right mentality in the dressing room too, so he might have to manage a couple of egos out of the club.
sheesh
Legend

7 months ago

Sid wrote:
7 months ago
We won't spend big. You can see they're trying to balance the books after spending half a bil on Joses failed project and funding the biggest wage bill in sport. I've heard Nev say the Sanchez signing was a game changer. He's probably the worst signing in our history. Bebe wasn't on 500k with add ons. They got stung big time. Everyone said back the manager, so they did, and we got 7th and Allardyce football.

Ole is perfect because he won't complain, but it's not all doom and gloom because he's shown he's an actual coach that can improve the players he has, whereas Jose couldn't, he gave em 3 months and if he didn't like em on the pitch or their personalities, he wanted new ones.
We need an overhaul, but we need a structure in place to help things along, rather than have Ole work with Woodward (who doesn't know his arse from his elbow).

We need a clear idea of the sort of side we're looking to create. I am worried that we're going to repeat the same old mistakes in the summer, without thinking about the bigger picture. Not getting a technical director by now is daft tbf.
sheesh
Legend

6 months ago

Just saw this thread on Red Cafe:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/brands-j ... on.447235/

That top photo FFS.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

sheesh wrote:
6 months ago

That top photo FFS.
They’re a set of cunts. All these footballers have commercial interests of some sort, but you can’t help feel that this lot believe their own hype. It’s not about winning trophies, it’s about the prestige of being a ‘baller’ and living the celebrity lifestyle. Talking the talk without walking the walk.

I’m increasingly becoming despised at what the game has become and even more so, what we’ve become.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

6 months ago

sheesh wrote:
6 months ago

That top photo FFS.
Without trying to sound like an old fart complaining about young kids, but isn’t this as much a reflection on what sports and entertainment in general has become? Instead of good performances on the pitch turning a player a star and then a celebrity, now a good coordinated advertising campaign and no end of social media event can turn just about anyone into a celebrity. As long as the youngster is photogenic and has some name recognition the ad agencies will sell their product but as soon as a the youngster start to fade they will be pushing the next one.
sheesh
Legend

6 months ago

I realise that all top-level footballers do some marketing shite on the side, but do players like Aguero and Salah take it to the nth degree like our lot do?

Our lot seem to think they're so special that they can set up their own brands and make money off it. Do they even make money? It seems to be particularly endemic at United.

Tom Cleverley also had his own brand http://therepublikofmancunia.com/tom-cl ... the-brand/
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

Never thought I would say this but I am rapidly approaching the point where I give up on this farce that United have become.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...