Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago

I don't think he's 'done'. But I do think he needs taking out of the firing line for the last 2. Recharge over the summer. Start again. If hes here.
And if De Gea is saying, "Please don't drop me, it'll make things worse. I'll get thru this." and his agent is claiming bad faith in negotiations with other clubs. There's a lot at stake all around and Ole probably figures two more games then it's my team.
The needs of Manchester United should be put first.
What does that mean?
It means that whether De Gea wants to play through his bad form or not, hes been throwing games and the team is suffering. The needs of the team come before any individual
But what if the long term needs of the club are being met by playing him and not dropping him? There are many reasons at play for not dropping De Gea at the end of the season when he is considering and negotiating his contract. I'd also point out De Gea is the least of our problems and is certainly not responsible for our current predicament.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

In a sense, no real complaints from me. The application was there. We're just not good enough. Its patently obvious that this squad needs major surgery in order to be able to challenge again.

The complaint is the same it's been for a while - we're not good enough because we're not run well enough to be an elite football club.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago

And if De Gea is saying, "Please don't drop me, it'll make things worse. I'll get thru this." and his agent is claiming bad faith in negotiations with other clubs. There's a lot at stake all around and Ole probably figures two more games then it's my team.
What does that mean?
It means that whether De Gea wants to play through his bad form or not, hes been throwing games and the team is suffering. The needs of the team come before any individual
But what if the long term needs of the club are being met by playing him and not dropping him? There are many reasons at play for not dropping De Gea at the end of the season when he is considering and negotiating his contract. I'd also point out De Gea is the least of our problems and is certainly not responsible for our current predicament.
I don't buy the first point. Club bigger than any player' is a principle I 100% believe. I agree with the rest though. If he leaves, it's not because he ended up being dropped after a month of poor form - its because he spent 4 years digging us out whilst we pissed about going backwards.

Its moot now. Top 4 is done.

And I've been saying for a while - the players ARE a major reason why we're so far off. But the lack of quality and character there is a symptom of the shit show we are at the very top.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago

What does that mean?

This.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
sheesh
Legend

5 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
5 months ago
Draw a fair result. We've not done enough. Disappointing end to a hugely disappointing season... not on Ole.
The frustrating thing for me is that Chelsea is such an ordinary side. We're at home and we really should have put them to the sword. So painful watching us play.

I suppose a top four finish might have papered over the cracks but we could have done without the ballache of playing on Thursday nights.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago

What does that mean?

This.
It's not that I disagree as such. But when you're talking about having to play a player when hes costing you games every week as a carrot to get him to stay, there's no bigger measure of how broken you are as a top club.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 months ago

5 months ago
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago

What does that mean?

This.
It's not that I disagree as such. But when you're talking about having to play a player when hes costing you games every week as a carrot to get him to stay, there's no bigger measure of how broken you are as a top club.
I don't think we should play him as a carrot to stay... but De Gea's form is the least of our problems.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
sheesh
Legend

5 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

5 months ago
5 months ago
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago

This.
I don't think we should play him as a carrot to stay... but De Gea's form is the least of our problems.
No argument there.
swampash
Legend

5 months ago

I would still have dropped him as a wake up call. Ditto for Pogba.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...