7 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
7 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
The season is over, thank fuck!
Yeah but so what. Why should we believe next season will be much better? Major, major surgery is needed. 7 or 8 out and the same in. We do not have the balls or capability to do it well.

It'll be marginally better. But we ain't gonna compete for anything any time soon.
We shouldn't, but Ole has to get his chance with the players he wants.
We are missing the bigger picture here.

My fear is that we will repeat the mistakes we've made in the past. Spending lots of money, without a clear idea as to what our long term objective is, in terms of the style of football we are looking to play.

We have to look at the coaching as well, training and nutrition, and everything to do with recruiting players. We have to look at how footballing decisions within the club are being made as well.

Of course the make up of the squad is important but we have to look at everything else too. We've been in a complete mess for a while now.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

7 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
7 months ago
Sid wrote:
7 months ago
They should have waited til the end of the season before they gave him the deal
They knew what they were doing. The look of our fixtures would have predicted a down turn in form. And then they have a predicament over what to do. They gave it him when there was a ground swell of support, knowing it's the cheap and easy option.

We had the opportunity to get our shit together when Jose was binned. DoF manager and recruitment. We haven't. Piss pot club.
None of that is Ole's fault. Is he supposed to not want the job? These are not his players and the timing was always going to be shite and players were always going to be focused on next season and where they'll be playing.
Didn't say it was Oles fault. Don't blame him for taking it and I'm not saying we were wrong to give it him. I'm putting it on the players and the running of the club - I've said for months that just binning Jose wouldn't be anywhere near enough.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 months ago

six defeats in eight post bounce
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

sheesh wrote:
7 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
7 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
The season is over, thank fuck!
Yeah but so what. Why should we believe next season will be much better? Major, major surgery is needed. 7 or 8 out and the same in. We do not have the balls or capability to do it well.

It'll be marginally better. But we ain't gonna compete for anything any time soon.
We shouldn't, but Ole has to get his chance with the players he wants.
We are missing the bigger picture here.

My fear is that we will repeat the mistakes we've made in the past. Spending lots of money, without a clear idea as to what our long term objective is, in terms of the style of football we are looking to play.

We have to look at the coaching as well, training and nutrition, and everything to do with recruiting players. We have to look at how footballing decisions within the club are being made as well.
We haven't missed that we've been banging on about it for years and years. I could go back and quote paragraphs and paragraphs of posts about exactly that. But it's not up to us we get what we're served up, all we have is hope. That's why i don't give a fuck who we sign or who the manager is, it's a fucking lottery and getting a team to gel and play well isn't a right it's hard work and throwing money at the problem doesn't always work........... ahhhhhhh! ~X(
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

7 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
7 months ago
Sid wrote:
7 months ago
They should have waited til the end of the season before they gave him the deal
They knew what they were doing. The look of our fixtures would have predicted a down turn in form. And then they have a predicament over what to do. They gave it him when there was a ground swell of support, knowing it's the cheap and easy option.

We had the opportunity to get our shit together when Jose was binned. DoF manager and recruitment. We haven't. Piss pot club.
None of that is Ole's fault. Is he supposed to not want the job? These are not his players and the timing was always going to be shite and players were always going to be focused on next season and where they'll be playing.
Didn't say it was Oles fault. Don't blame him for taking it and I'm not saying we were wrong to give it him. I'm putting it on the players and the running of the club - I've said for months that just binning Jose wouldn't be anywhere near enough.
I'm saying that it's not his fault. I agree with you about the club. The players are another story, the club has fucked them as well and have been doing it since Rooney called them out.
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Ole says sorry to the fans in the stadium.
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Neville calls the shift we put in today "Rancid".
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 months ago

nev said we had a fucking bounce
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Lukaku got 3 passes in the game.
sheesh
Legend

7 months ago

Fair enough, Laz.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... lity-check

On the specific point about keeping/ditching players, Carragher is right here.