Squad

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

marlon wrote:
6 months ago
I'd add Matic to that and we should give Bailly more time. He's still young for a CB, and he looked good once
That's harsh. I think Matic is a good player. I'd like someone who moves the ball quicker and can control the game more, but he's not dross.
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

Rojo, Jones, Bailley, Darmian, Sanchez and Valencia will probably be shipped out.
Smalling and Mata must go too but they won't because we won't have enough numbers.
marlon
Legend

6 months ago

Smalling is our best CB
marlon
Legend

6 months ago

bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
marlon wrote:
6 months ago
I'd add Matic to that and we should give Bailly more time. He's still young for a CB, and he looked good once
That's harsh. I think Matic is a good player. I'd like someone who moves the ball quicker and can control the game more, but he's not dross.
What does he add? Doesn't protect the defence, can't control with possession, can't create chances, doesn't win the ball much. He's a 5/10 player
bman2
Legend

5 months ago

There are so many players, practically a whole team, that we could lose this summer without having much appreciable footballing impact:

Attack: Sanchez, Mata
Midfield: Herrera
CB: Rojo, Bailly
FB: Darmian, Valencia

And that's being conservative, there are certainly other players you could throw in there. But of that lot, Herrera is the only one we'd currently actually miss, but he's also a player that upgrades exist for. I was shocked to see how many minutes Bailly actually plays for us (not many). Some of them are obviously decent players, but the objective fact is that they don't see a whole lot of playing time.

You wouldn't get any serious money for that lot, though you'd save a lot in wages if you shifted them.
marlon
Legend

5 months ago

We'll miss herrera. We don't really have anyone else who is as effective at pressing and actually winning the ball back - probably not a coincidence that we've looked poor while he's been out, given our style
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

bman2 wrote:
5 months ago
There are so many players, practically a whole team, that we could lose this summer without having much appreciable footballing impact:

Attack: Sanchez, Mata
Midfield: Herrera
CB: Rojo, Bailly
FB: Darmian, Valencia

And that's being conservative, there are certainly other players you could throw in there. But of that lot, Herrera is the only one we'd currently actually miss, but he's also a player that upgrades exist for. I was shocked to see how many minutes Bailly actually plays for us (not many). Some of them are obviously decent players, but the objective fact is that they don't see a whole lot of playing time.

You wouldn't get any serious money for that lot, though you'd save a lot in wages if you shifted them.
Yep, there's some real shite in our squad. Its a massive rebuild that's needed and my worry is that we'll go about it on the cheap, without being bold in our action.

Even when you look at the players we consider to be real first team picks, they lack either the quality, consistency or temperament to be top-class players. The lack of intensity in our game, especially against weaker opponents, has become too frequent for it to be anything other than a consequence of the mindset in our dressing room.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

We won't spend big. You can see they're trying to balance the books after spending half a bil on Joses failed project and funding the biggest wage bill in sport. I've heard Nev say the Sanchez signing was a game changer. He's probably the worst signing in our history. Bebe wasn't on 500k with add ons. They got stung big time. Everyone said back the manager, so they did, and we got 7th and Allardyce football.

Ole is perfect because he won't complain, but it's not all doom and gloom because he's shown he's an actual coach that can improve the players he has, whereas Jose couldn't, he gave em 3 months and if he didn't like em on the pitch or their personalities, he wanted new ones.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 months ago

who’s improved
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Almost every player, that's why we've got 39 points from 16 games compared to Jose who got 26 points from 17, why we got 8 away wins in a row, beat PSG etc.

Have you forgotten how shit things were under Jose?