Racism in football

Non-United football chat
bman2
Legend

Good to see the League officially supporting their actions.
bman2
Legend

Wow that’s fucking bad. Nazi Germany shit that.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Fascist cunts
FuB
Site Admin

Note how they're ALL singing away till that verse... then it tails off to a few off camera morons - sounds like just one or two left singing. the two whose faces you can still see have stopped singing albeit they're grinning away. They fucking KNOW it's out of order. They KNOW what it means... but there's some sort of half a braincell left there that tells them "oh, i'd best not sing this verse. i'll just grin and then i'm not really a racist."

There have been wankers (long gone, thankfully) posting in this very thread about how this sort of behaviour isn't really racism... it's just being a football fan. There have been wankers on this forum doing everything they can to push the buttons of people they obviously consider to be reactionary "snowflakes" by trying to create debate about the rights (as if) and wrongs of this sort of behaviour. We have an active membership of about ten on this forum if we're lucky and we STILL had to deal with that sort of shit.

What a world.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
sheesh
Legend

I'm not naive enough to think that racism every really went away in English football, but it does seem like an increasing element are being openly racist.

It's scum like that who the Farages and Battens of this world are appealing to. The media is actually enabling this sort of behaviour by giving people like Farage a platform to air their views.
Last edited by sheesh 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Lazarus
Legend

....and then one of us who stood up to that behaviour had the cheek to use old quotes in ongoing arguments and that was too much for some as well. The irony being that the person offended wasn't even the subject of the discussion.

What a world......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 5 years ago I'm not naive enough to think that racism every really went away in English football, but it does seem like an increasing element are being openly racist.

It's scum like that who the Farages and Battens of this world are appealing to. The media is actually enabling this sort of behaviour by giving people like Farage a platform to air their views.
Spot on. it makes Rant banning those two wanks even more important. Fascists and racists have been emboldened by the political climate. They're the number 1 terrorist threat, but also there's 4/500 racist incidents being a reported a month - and probably shitloads more that aren't.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We're becoming a small time racist shithole club for grafters