at Arse

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

8 months ago

FuB wrote:
8 months ago
There's no way Fred deserves the shit he's getting on here for this game. He's made a couple of mistakes and given away a soft pen. We shouldn't have been in a position where a soft pen would piss on our fire and it ain't Fred's fault we didn't put those chances away
Yeah I don't think Fred has been any less sharp in his passing than anyone else in midfield and attack. Shaw and Young have been the only two passing sharply out there. And Fred is playing in a different midfield than he was on Wednesday. All in all, I think he's gaining confidence and sharpness. I'm not sure how good he is, but he looks alright.

I was pretty sure we'd have a hangover from Wednesday. It happened plenty of times under Ferguson. Rashford and Lindelof in particular look a bit shot. You'd hope that Pogba would step up, he had a rest.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

8 months ago

Exactly the game I feared it would be. Disappointing to lose, but when I think about the way we'd lose games under Jose.... we had a go today. Played some good stuff, had a few unlucky breaks etc. Just one of those days. Too wasteful in front of goal. Too sloppy defensively.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

8 months ago

No player should get abused. All were shit today. Unfortunately Lukaku will never convert his high amount of chances, he'll miss more than he scores, he does pop up with goals and I'm not singling him out - just saying.

The whole team were below par... we move on!!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
FuB
Legend

8 months ago

bman2 wrote:
8 months ago
FuB wrote:
8 months ago
There's no way Fred deserves the shit he's getting on here for this game. He's made a couple of mistakes and given away a soft pen. We shouldn't have been in a position where a soft pen would piss on our fire and it ain't Fred's fault we didn't put those chances away
Yeah I don't think Fred has been any less sharp in his passing than anyone else in midfield and attack. Shaw and Young have been the only two passing sharply out there. And Fred is playing in a different midfield than he was on Wednesday. All in all, I think he's gaining confidence and sharpness. I'm not sure how good he is, but he looks alright.

I was pretty sure we'd have a hangover from Wednesday. It happened plenty of times under Ferguson. Rashford and Lindelof in particular look a bit shot. You'd hope that Pogba would step up, he had a rest.
As good as Pogba has been recently, he definitely hasn't lost his ability to be inexplicably totally shit all of a sudden... we do seem to be very susceptible to changes in the midfield lineup
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

Fuck it we can still win the CL and FA Cup and still make 4th. We need a response for that today.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Too complacent in front of goal. I reckon the players thought it would be straight forward after we knocked em out the cup and beat PSG.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

8 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
8 months ago
No player should get abused. All were shit today. Unfortunately Lukaku will never convert his high amount of chances, he'll miss more than he scores, he does pop up with goals and I'm not singling him out - just saying.

The whole team were below par... we move on!!
I don't think anyone was shit. Moments that mattered just fell against us. It was due. Fine margins today. Another day we win that game with exactly the same performance.

Spurs and Chelsea dropped points. I think we're better than arsenal and we'll get more points than them over the rest of the season
FuB
Legend

8 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
8 months ago
Exactly the game I feared it would be. Disappointing to lose, but when I think about the way we'd lose games under Jose.... we had a go today. Played some good stuff, had a few unlucky breaks etc. Just one of those days. Too wasteful in front of goal. Too sloppy defensively.
this run was always going to come to an end and we saw plenty of displays like this under ferguson. it wasn't anywhere near the depressing shit we've got used to over the last few years so i'm not even particularly disappointed.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

It comes down to the last 8 games. I still think we'll finish above em. We have a tougher run but we're a better team. We were shite today but still dominated em for most of the game, and should have scored 3/4.

Martial and Matic are back too. Time to reset and kick on.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

8 months ago

Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Too complacent in front of goal. I reckon the players thought it would be straight forward after we knocked em out the cup and beat PSG.
Not sure about that Sid. After 20 mins we were the better side. Had the better chances - they scored due to an unusual De Gea fuckup and a soft pen. We had the better chances and just weren’t on it.

It was still a Manchester United performance. One of those days. Brush it off, go again. We’re still getting top 4. And even if we don’t, we’re moving forward again. I’d have snapped your bollocks off to be here in early December.