Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Anantax
First Teamer

Dosdamt wrote:No quotes yawnfest of speculative pish, IMO. Telegraph usually better than that.
Isnt this the reporter who broke Fergie's retirement?

But personally, I hope they go for it. i've always said I prefer us to reach for the stars and fail than not to reach at all....
Pikey McScum
First Teamer

Anantax wrote:
Dosdamt wrote:No quotes yawnfest of speculative pish, IMO. Telegraph usually better than that.

But personally, I hope they go for it. i've always said I prefer us to reach for the stars and fail than not to reach at all....
Wonder will you be saying that when we end up paying over the odds for dross like Fellaini...
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

I doubt very much we're going for Fellani now. Wouldn't make sense to let his release fee expire then bid for him and get taken to the cleaners!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Dosdamt
First Teamer

Anantax wrote:

No clue about the reporter. But tbf we need a midfield signing, and every drek across football including Stan Collymore ffs thinks Rooney is off. So we need a replacement, minimum, for him.

I suppose if the Rooney xfer has been agreed, it means Moyes might have some money to spend and we end up at zero net spend for this transfer window, Glazers will be happy with that.........
RobDiablo
First Teamer

Anantax wrote:
madmax wrote:Why does it matter how much we spend on any player? It's not like the fans are going to get the benefit of the saved money if we spend less...
Very true and agree. Although one can argue the Glazers will try to recoup from higher ticket prices etc etc..
Let's see... You agree that the fans will not benefit from United refusing to overpay for players, but if it should, you think the fans will end up paying for it in "higher ticket prices, etc. etc." Hmmm, it seems that there is some benefit to the fans, if United pay as little as possible to sign a player.
Anantax
First Teamer

RobDiablo wrote:
Anantax wrote:
madmax wrote:Why does it matter how much we spend on any player? It's not like the fans are going to get the benefit of the saved money if we spend less...
Very true and agree. Although one can argue the Glazers will try to recoup from higher ticket prices etc etc..
Let's see... You agree that the fans will not benefit from United refusing to overpay for players, but if it should, you think the fans will end up paying for it in "higher ticket prices, etc. etc." Hmmm, it seems that there is some benefit to the fans, if United pay as little as possible to sign a player.
I agreed with my undrstanding of his point that there is little or no downside for fans even if United overpays....which btw is different from saying there is no benefit from Utd refusing to overpay

I then simply presented another possible argument, force of habit of advocating for the devil perhaps....Guess should've made clear that I am not a big proponent of said possible argument...

But having thought about it for about another 15 seconds...the Glazers would raise ticket prices anyways if they think they can get away with it, regardless whether they've overpaid in tansfers or not....so guess I doubly agree with his original point!
sheesh

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/15/david-moy ... s-3925389/

I mustn't get too excited but I do love the use of the word "several".
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

sheesh wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/15/david-moy ... s-3925389/

I mustn't get too excited but I do love the use of the word "several".

Move along, nothing to see here..
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Too late to sign a midfield before Swansea away

And maybe Chelsea
Calvino
Youth Teamer

Anderson and Nani's signings were announced late at night.

Gosh. Those were the days. Looks like SAF gave up after Hargreaves.