v Scouse Bastards

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5146
Joined: 6 years ago

7 months ago

Sid wrote:
7 months ago
dozer wrote:
7 months ago
Like I said. The battle has been won. Ole made a mistake in selling fellaini. Even under Jose where everyone were performing worse fellaini made a difference when he come off the bench and won us many games.
Ole doesn't have this option now. He's got sanchez, Mata, Lingard, Fred and Lukaku. Most of them play better when they start and aren't very effective subs.
Ole being a super sub himself should have seen value in fellani. It's not like Ole sticks to his pretty football when we're struggling. Even today he was banking mostly on set pieces and was overall defensive although the circumstances were tough.

Fellani would have scored that chance smalling missed.
What would Fellaini have done yesterday that would have saved us?

If he was up front we'd have hoofed it like we did under Pulis to absolutely no avail. Hoofball is too basic against a top team like Liverpool with a top CB like Van Dijk. It was counters and balls in behind that looked most threatening. But Fellaini can't play that stuff because he's too slow. He's also too slow to player under Liverpools press and play in tight areas. He'd have been a passenger.

We're going to have to use Fred. I reckon the reason he's not playing isn't because he's shite - he's looked decent in the games he's played so far - it's more that he's struggling to settle into the club and manchester.
Ole doesn't play Fellaini as an attacker. That's good overall for our play but in some cases it's a disadvantage. Fellaini in an attacking position (and when the team is risking an all out attack), is very good at keeping possession in the penalty area and passing the ball to in the danger zone OR he scores himself.
But yeah, this means hoofing that we don't like. But when hoofing is employed, he's useful. The football wasn't pretty yesterday. Neither side really risked anything and went for the win. We were more or less probing rather than attacking with more gusto, and so were Liverpool. It's understandable but that doesn't make for pretty viewing.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5486
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

7 months ago

dozer wrote:
7 months ago
Sid wrote:
7 months ago
dozer wrote:
7 months ago
Like I said. The battle has been won. Ole made a mistake in selling fellaini. Even under Jose where everyone were performing worse fellaini made a difference when he come off the bench and won us many games.
Ole doesn't have this option now. He's got sanchez, Mata, Lingard, Fred and Lukaku. Most of them play better when they start and aren't very effective subs.
Ole being a super sub himself should have seen value in fellani. It's not like Ole sticks to his pretty football when we're struggling. Even today he was banking mostly on set pieces and was overall defensive although the circumstances were tough.

Fellani would have scored that chance smalling missed.
What would Fellaini have done yesterday that would have saved us?

If he was up front we'd have hoofed it like we did under Pulis to absolutely no avail. Hoofball is too basic against a top team like Liverpool with a top CB like Van Dijk. It was counters and balls in behind that looked most threatening. But Fellaini can't play that stuff because he's too slow. He's also too slow to player under Liverpools press and play in tight areas. He'd have been a passenger.

We're going to have to use Fred. I reckon the reason he's not playing isn't because he's shite - he's looked decent in the games he's played so far - it's more that he's struggling to settle into the club and manchester.
Ole doesn't play Fellaini as an attacker. That's good overall for our play but in some cases it's a disadvantage. Fellaini in an attacking position (and when the team is risking an all out attack), is very good at keeping possession in the penalty area and passing the ball to in the danger zone OR he scores himself.
But yeah, this means hoofing that we don't like. But when hoofing is employed, he's useful. The football wasn't pretty yesterday. Neither side really risked anything and went for the win. We were more or less probing rather than attacking with more gusto, and so were Liverpool. It's understandable but that doesn't make for pretty viewing.
Well, let's be fair and point out that Ole doesn't play Fellaini at all now... and, when he did, it was for 3 mins against Cardiff when we were already long-since past the winning post and the last half hour against Reading in the FA Cup.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23270
Joined: 6 years ago

7 months ago

dozer wrote:
7 months ago
Sid wrote:
7 months ago
dozer wrote:
7 months ago
Like I said. The battle has been won. Ole made a mistake in selling fellaini. Even under Jose where everyone were performing worse fellaini made a difference when he come off the bench and won us many games.
Ole doesn't have this option now. He's got sanchez, Mata, Lingard, Fred and Lukaku. Most of them play better when they start and aren't very effective subs.
Ole being a super sub himself should have seen value in fellani. It's not like Ole sticks to his pretty football when we're struggling. Even today he was banking mostly on set pieces and was overall defensive although the circumstances were tough.

Fellani would have scored that chance smalling missed.
What would Fellaini have done yesterday that would have saved us?

If he was up front we'd have hoofed it like we did under Pulis to absolutely no avail. Hoofball is too basic against a top team like Liverpool with a top CB like Van Dijk. It was counters and balls in behind that looked most threatening. But Fellaini can't play that stuff because he's too slow. He's also too slow to player under Liverpools press and play in tight areas. He'd have been a passenger.

We're going to have to use Fred. I reckon the reason he's not playing isn't because he's shite - he's looked decent in the games he's played so far - it's more that he's struggling to settle into the club and manchester.
Ole doesn't play Fellaini as an attacker. That's good overall for our play but in some cases it's a disadvantage. Fellaini in an attacking position (and when the team is risking an all out attack), is very good at keeping possession in the penalty area and passing the ball to in the danger zone OR he scores himself.
But yeah, this means hoofing that we don't like. But when hoofing is employed, he's useful. The football wasn't pretty yesterday. Neither side really risked anything and went for the win. We were more or less probing rather than attacking with more gusto, and so were Liverpool. It's understandable but that doesn't make for pretty viewing.
I disagree. Add up the number of hoofs (probably thousands in 2 and a half years) and compare it to how many resulted in actual goals, and you'll see hoofing it is useless. It's basic 19th century shit not even championship sides do now. Van Dijk eats em up all day long.
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15665
Joined: 6 years ago

7 months ago

"But yeah, this means hoofing that we don't like. But when hoofing is employed, he's useful. " :))

It's tragic and funny.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7250
Joined: 6 years ago

7 months ago

dozer wrote:
7 months ago
Sid wrote:
7 months ago
dozer wrote:
7 months ago
Like I said. The battle has been won. Ole made a mistake in selling fellaini. Even under Jose where everyone were performing worse fellaini made a difference when he come off the bench and won us many games.
Ole doesn't have this option now. He's got sanchez, Mata, Lingard, Fred and Lukaku. Most of them play better when they start and aren't very effective subs.
Ole being a super sub himself should have seen value in fellani. It's not like Ole sticks to his pretty football when we're struggling. Even today he was banking mostly on set pieces and was overall defensive although the circumstances were tough.

Fellani would have scored that chance smalling missed.
What would Fellaini have done yesterday that would have saved us?

If he was up front we'd have hoofed it like we did under Pulis to absolutely no avail. Hoofball is too basic against a top team like Liverpool with a top CB like Van Dijk. It was counters and balls in behind that looked most threatening. But Fellaini can't play that stuff because he's too slow. He's also too slow to player under Liverpools press and play in tight areas. He'd have been a passenger.

We're going to have to use Fred. I reckon the reason he's not playing isn't because he's shite - he's looked decent in the games he's played so far - it's more that he's struggling to settle into the club and manchester.
Ole doesn't play Fellaini as an attacker. That's good overall for our play but in some cases it's a disadvantage. Fellaini in an attacking position (and when the team is risking an all out attack), is very good at keeping possession in the penalty area and passing the ball to in the danger zone OR he scores himself.
But yeah, this means hoofing that we don't like. But when hoofing is employed, he's useful. The football wasn't pretty yesterday. Neither side really risked anything and went for the win. We were more or less probing rather than attacking with more gusto, and so were Liverpool. It's understandable but that doesn't make for pretty viewing.
Pogba is Fellaini's replacement. Tall, strong midfielder who plays more like a forward, gets into the box, gives the opposition defenders a very difficult problem.
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5096
Joined: 6 years ago

7 months ago

I’d have fellaini up front over the lump tbf

would I have him in midfield over mcshite, undecided tbf
lkhm

hoofing
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5486
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

7 months ago

at least Fellaini would more often than not go towards the ball rather than expect it to conveniently drop on his head or at his feet
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Post Reply