FuB wrote:
8 months ago
dozer wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
dozer wrote:
8 months ago
Funny how Ole's improved our defensive football when we're clearly attacking a lot more.
Jose's hoofball was clearly a blunder. I still can't understand why he thought it was a good idea.
So did you ffs....... :-o
I've always maintained Jose's hoofball was a terrible idea.
oh dear.

cue laz trawling for evidence and collective forum yawn
ffs.... I hadn't even read this.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

8 months ago

Nice to see us winning the second half against a top side. Ole did well during half time.
marlon
Legend

8 months ago

winning?
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

marlon wrote:
8 months ago
Good point and performance in the circumstances. Not sure if it was all our defence, but Liverpool's attack looked shit
Yeah tbf, it's probably a bit of both. Can't deny that we've defended better in recent weeks though. Ole and Phelan are showing tactical nouse, but also having an attacking threat means teams are scared to commit players forward like they used to under Pulis when we got battered even by riff raff

Also have to say it looks like Shaw is finally improving under Ole. He shut Salah down completely.
sheesh
Legend

8 months ago

I was surprised how shite Liverpool were today. They didn't play like potential title winners.

In the end - and I didn't think I'd be saying this at half time - I'm disappointed we didn't win the game. Smalling should have gambled at the end. Lukaku is the one player I didn't think had a good game, but overall, we did OK given the injuries.
Last edited by sheesh on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

8 months ago

the sturbridge sub killed their attack tbf, he’s finished at this level
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
FuB wrote:
8 months ago
dozer wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
dozer wrote:
8 months ago
Funny how Ole's improved our defensive football when we're clearly attacking a lot more.
Jose's hoofball was clearly a blunder. I still can't understand why he thought it was a good idea.
So did you ffs....... :-o
I've always maintained Jose's hoofball was a terrible idea.
oh dear.

cue laz trawling for evidence and collective forum yawn
ffs.... I hadn't even read this.
I like how now Jose has been exposed as shit and useless by Ole everybody's pretending they never backed him

"Actually you'll find I never wanted him from the start... I just defended him viciously and vehemently for 2 and a half years" :))
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
8 months ago
the sturbridge sub killed their attack tbf, he’s finished at this level
Was he ever at this level? He's another identical overhyped english forward, like Barkley, Walcott etc that's gone on to do nothing

The jury's out on Sterling, he's better than these lionhearts but he's still not done it at the top level. But then neither have City. The Prem is a fraud for me.
marlon
Legend

8 months ago

Sid wrote:
8 months ago
marlon wrote:
8 months ago
Good point and performance in the circumstances. Not sure if it was all our defence, but Liverpool's attack looked shit
Yeah tbf, it's probably a bit of both. Can't deny that we've defended better in recent weeks though. Ole and Phelan are showing tactical nouse, but also having an attacking threat means teams are scared to commit players forward like they used to under Pulis when we got battered even by riff raff

Also have to say it looks like Shaw is finally improving under Ole. He shut Salah down completely.
That was the thing in the 2nd half - Rashford was out of it and Lukaku and Sanchez were too deep, but Liverpool never went for it. Defence has definitely improved though - maybe something to do with Smalling returning as well