OGS.....

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 5 years ago It will be interesting to see what Ole can do with a week to prepare for Spurs. Our defense is a serious problem.
The three goals we've conceded under Ole have all been set pieces. That's something that can be worked on in training.

The goals we conceded under Jose were generally about giving the opposition far too much time and space on the ball.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

If Pocho is not available come the summer would you stick with Ole? It's a tough one.. we haven't faced top opposition yet and his purchases at Cardiff were dreadful.

Time will tell I suppose will be interesting to see us against one of the top 4 teams. Obviously going to lose a few games but it's been a breath of fresh air and a unexpected finish to the season thankfully!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
bman2
Legend

Keown of all people made some good points in Ole's favour on MOTD yesterday. Said people were condescending him a bit, he's not just some smiling dope "bringing positivity", he's got a serious mind about football and is a proper professional.

Doesn't mean I think he's going to be amazing, but Ole's looked ok so far. Even if teams like Spurs fuck us up, depending on how it goes, I'll reserve judgment. No manager could walk into this team in mid-season and magically fix our defensive problems that are several years in the making, with just a week's prep time before spurs, and injuries and all the rest.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

It’s easy for us to get carried away, because the whole mood around the club has changed overnight. But we need to be very measured in how we move forward.

We should only really form a view on Ole once the season draws to an end. For him to put himself properly in the frame, he’ll have to get us into the top 4 and get to the latter stages of the CL - because in doing so he’ll have to produce a few results in bigger games. For now, I’m just pleased that it’s enjoyable again.

With Ole, we should also bear in mind the team around him - Phelan, Carrick, McKenna. If it’s working well, then there may be an argument to keep things as they are.

Taking him out for Zidane could be a risk - his record is great, but could he oversee some of the changes we need? Did he just land on his feet with a brilliant Madrid squad or is he the real deal?

Poch might seem a better fit in terms of ticking the boxes that we know we need, and he has experience of the PL. I think he’d be a safer long term bet and as things stand he’s still my first choice.

The bigger matter for me, is how we develop the squad - whoever is in charge for next season, if we bin off the likes of Valencia, Fellaini, Jones, and bring in the right kind of player - someone who fits into a side playing high intensity, attacking football, with a few youngsters coming through, that’s key. We have to get a settled culture, a footballing ethos and playing style that fits the club - not a specific manager. Because the likelihood is, we’ll have to keep changing that role every 3-4 years anyway. We can’t be laden with having to reinvent ourselves with every cycle.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Just to add to the above - our back room team should be where the continuity lies. Our recruitment team, coaching staff, physios, sports scientists, academy staff etc - they should be agnostic of the manager. The manager should be allowed to select his number 2, and that’s it. The rest needs to align to how we operate as a club.
Lazarus
Legend

bman2 wrote: 5 years ago It will be interesting to see what Ole can do with a week to prepare for Spurs. Our defense is a serious problem.
....just the defense now? But we didn't buy any new players? How did that happen?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

We've tried established mangers before. Didn't work. If Ole does well I'd rather we give him a go. At least we're thumping the bad teams. However even Jose was on fire in his first few games for the club. Until Liverpool.
Lazarus
Legend

dozer wrote: 5 years ago We've tried established mangers before. Didn't work. If Ole does well I'd rather we give him a go. At least we're thumping the bad teams. However even Jose was on fire in his first few games for the club. Until Liverpool.
No he wasn't, go back and read the match threads.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 5 years ago
dozer wrote: 5 years ago We've tried established mangers before. Didn't work. If Ole does well I'd rather we give him a go. At least we're thumping the bad teams. However even Jose was on fire in his first few games for the club. Until Liverpool.
No he wasn't, go back and read the match threads.
Yeah he wasn't, Dozer. The football in Joses first season was truly shite. Ibra bailed us out every week. It was long ball shite. We only scored 5 goals more than we did in the previous season under Gaal.
redzebs
Legend

People going on about Fellini Cakencua etc,

We are forgetting getting a look at Perriera who ajose fucked off, this wee lad Derlot looks good, Fosu and Axel to come bazaar, let's see what Sanchez ole looks like, we need a dm but if Bailey and Lindelof click with Fosu Alex Rojo as back ups, Shaw is quality again, maybe bring in a 29/30 year old cb for a few years until the kids are really ready but with the game time they'll get, a starting line up of Derlot Bailey Lindelof Shaw with maybe one more experienced cb in place of one with Fosu Tuanzabe Rojo as back up, f me that's United through and through and more than decent.

Bin Jones Smalling Valencia, keep Young a year and I'll get slated but Fellini as a back back up speciakt purpose plan c, bin Matic and get a Kante whatever it costs
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.