vs City

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

It's true, the two 5ft nothing Silvas vs lumpy fucking Matic and Fellaini was no contest. Within two minutes they'd got in behind those two mugs. It's dinosaur football.

Why no Fred? Someone quick and agile that can take the ball into feet and play it. Jose doesn't trust him that's why. He's pissed away another 50m on a player he doesn't trust - and tbf probably doesn't understand, because he can only work with lumps nowadays.
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

Isn't Fred shite? I've not seen much of him myself. Just going off what I've been told.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
Our goal difference is -1.
i'd be interested if our resident statisticians could let us know when the last time that was the case. i'd not be surprised to hear that it was still post-Ferguson but something tells me this is yet another low we've sunk to for the first time since
Our worst post Fergie after 12 games, was +3 in Mourinho's first season. We were +4 in Gaal's first season. Our best was last season: +21, our best since 2006.

Don't how long it's been since a negative gd after 12
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
FuB wrote:
1 year ago
sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
i'd be interested if our resident statisticians could let us know when the last time that was the case. i'd not be surprised to hear that it was still post-Ferguson but something tells me this is yet another low we've sunk to for the first time since
Our worst post Fergie after 12 games, was +3 in Mourinho's first season. We were +4 in Gaal's first season. Our best was last season: +21, our best since 2006.

Many thanks, marlon! We finished 6th that season (90/91) and behind City... bodes well, huh?!
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago

It's true, the two 5ft nothing Silvas vs lumpy fucking Matic and Fellaini was no contest. Within two minutes they'd got in behind those two mugs. It's dinosaur football.

Why no Fred? Someone quick and agile that can take the ball into feet and play it. Jose doesn't trust him that's why. He's pissed away another 50m on a player he doesn't trust - and tbf probably doesn't understand, because he can only work with lumps nowadays.
other choice points made there are that Matic is just as shit as Fellaini but, sadly, thinks he can play football and when was the last time we saw a team goal? everything is just a single player's flash of brilliance and even they are few and far between (hence -1 goal difference)
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
FuB wrote:
1 year ago
sheesh wrote:
1 year ago

There's only one statistician on here. Marlon is his name.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
FuB wrote:
1 year ago
sheesh wrote:
1 year ago

Many thanks, marlon! We finished 6th that season (90/91) and behind City... bodes well, huh?!
Just like in Mourinhos first season. Can he replicate it
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

Fred hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. He hasn't looked bad; why not give him a run of games especially when we have players injured?
I suppose Jose was protecting him from being castrated in this game because we were going to get thumped anyway.
Fred hopefully plays more; it's not like the other midfielders are uprooting weed.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

I agree, Doze.

The problem with old school reactive managers like Jose is they love to tinker. They treat the squad like chess pieces to be used at different times, in different situations. Whereas all the other top 5 managers pretty much have a first 11 and go with it in most games.

And then obviously Jose just falls out with players for no reason, and exiles them. And signs shite players he realises are shite 3 games after spending 40/50m on em, then exiles em - and slags em publicly in order to really fuck them up and ensure they're shite the next time out.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
FuB wrote:
1 year ago
sheesh wrote:
1 year ago

Found it

United have a negative goal difference (-1) after the first 12 games of a top-flight season for the first time since 1977/78 (-1).

Jose, breaking records