vs City

Forum for match day threads
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

You knew when you saw the line ups that we were going to get beaten easily. Fellaini, Matic, Smalling and Lindelof. Ashley Young ffs
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
You knew when you saw the line ups that we were going to get beaten easily. Fellaini, Matic, Smalling and Lindelof. Ashley Young ffs
I said it early doors but, throughout the whole game, i'd still have to pick Fellaini as our best player on the day. This is arguably more depressing than the result.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Into Moutinho's third season and we're still miles behind City. They're at a different level
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
I said it early doors but, throughout the whole game, i'd still have to pick Fellaini as our best player on the day. This is arguably more depressing than the result.
In a perfect world, a new manager would come in mid season, do a quick assessment of the dross and know who he needs to get rid of in the summer.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Into Moutinho's third season and we're still miles behind City. They're at a different level
From everyone else in the country.

But even if we allow a little latitude - judging ourselves against where we should be, rather than how we compare to them - it’s nowhere near good enough. It needs Mourinho gone and the introduction of a modern system that focuses on technique and energy. And some of these players aren’t good enough. Smalling, Young, Matic, Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku. Rashford blows hot and cold. Lindelof is improving but I still don’t think he’s good enough. Too many, that just aren’t at the level needed.
Steggo
Legend

1 year ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote: Into Moutinho's third season and we're still miles behind City. They're at a different level
From everyone else in the country.

But even if we allow a little latitude - judging ourselves against where we should be, rather than how we compare to them - it’s nowhere near good enough. It needs Mourinho gone and the introduction of a modern system that focuses on technique and energy. And some of these players aren’t good enough. Smalling, Young, Matic, Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku. Rashford blows hot and cold. Lindelof is improving but I still don’t think he’s good enough. Too many, that just aren’t at the level needed.
We are way past the stage of giving a little latitude. 3 managers, millions spent and we have not moved forward one inch, in fact compared to our main rivals, we’ve gone backwards. I wouldn’t mind if you could see there was light at the end of the tunnel but there seems to be no end to the dross that is being served up. How, honestly, can there be any improvement under Mourinho in the next few seasons-it ain’t going to happen. And let’s face it we have not outplayed anyone this season- during the last 3 wins we have been outplayed but scraped the wins. Not good enough, and neither are half the players and the manager.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 year ago

My point is, even if you judge on the basis of where we should be, rather than the outstanding standards set by City, it’s shite.

Today was a gulf. An embarrassment.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Spot on

12 points off City after 12 games is fucking pathetic, when Mourinho's had the same time Pep has had and 400 odd mil to spend. I was told this would all change by season 3 and we'd be smashing it. Wrong

But so is being 7 points off top 4, behind a Tottenham team that literally hasn't changed since last season. That suggests we're not just standing still but going backwards.
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

Our goal difference is -1.
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
Our goal difference is -1.
i'd be interested if our resident statisticians could let us know when the last time that was the case. i'd not be surprised to hear that it was still post-Ferguson but something tells me this is yet another low we've sunk to for the first time since
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit