vs Bournemouth

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

...agree that.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

swampash wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago

...when I play football and I play shite...
QUICK - ALERT THE SCOUTS - GET DOZER IN IN JANUARY...!
would slot straight in with those self-professed capabilities
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
I guess he's not working with much, but Howe hasn't improved a relegation level defence or midtable attack since they got promoted. Assuming they don't maintain this level for the whole season anyway. Probably an improvement on Mourinho and obviously more attacking football, but I'm sure it's not that hard to do better.
you'd surely have to concede that a manager who can get such an apparently shit team in your opinion keeping 300m+ of United team under the cosh for 30 mins must be more than "probably" an improvement?
Could say that about most teams we've played this season
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

dozer wrote:
1 year ago
If a player plays well, play him, otherwise drop him but give him the occasional chances.
Martial is playing now because he's playing well. If he fucks up consistently like he did previously drop him for someone else.
Same goes for Fred - he'll get his opportunities but United are paying him, not the other way round so he must be subbed off if Jose thinks someone else can contribute more.
When I play football and I play shite (which is most of the time), my confidence is already shot. I expect it must be the same for the players. I don't think subbing Fred off would have hurt his confidence more than his performance yesterday. Even if it did, he needs to man the fuck up and do better.
The annoying thing about Mourinho is how he plays his favourites. Matic and Lukaku never get dropped, or even subbed. Pereira should get more chances too
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
FuB wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
I guess he's not working with much, but Howe hasn't improved a relegation level defence or midtable attack since they got promoted. Assuming they don't maintain this level for the whole season anyway. Probably an improvement on Mourinho and obviously more attacking football, but I'm sure it's not that hard to do better.
you'd surely have to concede that a manager who can get such an apparently shit team in your opinion keeping 300m+ of United team under the cosh for 30 mins must be more than "probably" an improvement?
Could say that about most teams we've played this season
which pretty much enhances the sentiment that you could swap him for anyone and see an improvement. the panic-stations "pick someone with a big reputation" philosophy that the club have employed since moyes hasn't worked so maybe it might be an idea to pick someone for the future... i.e. consider the philosophy that's making Woodward veto buying old duffers as stop gaps and hang on to expensive young players and extend it a bit further.

on the other hand, you could suggest that eddie howe (for instance) is potentially no more of a prospect than moyes was, really, but at least eddie howe spent his formative coaching years studying under people like Sarri who everyone's having a collective wank over lately.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Howe's style is better, but it's not like he's Klopp or Guardiola, and I don't think he's done anything particularly noteworthy in the PL. They've had an impressive 11 games to start this season and that's the most I can say about him. It's good to look outside the top clubs for a manager but it doesn't mean we have to set the bar low.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 year ago

howe would be given a go at a top club in one of the other leagues, then he’d end up in a top club in the prem

he’ll never get a top job to on bournemouth tbf
lkhm

hoofing