vs Everton

Forum for match day threads
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 year ago

The introduction of Lukaku has killed all attacking football. Fuck sake.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Why did he wait so long to shoot!!!!! Fuck it, it would only have made us look better than we have been....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Davey-boy
Legend

1 year ago

Martial...was easier to score ffs
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

That corner summed up Everton today......
Davey-boy
Legend

1 year ago

Forgot Fred was playing
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Fuck sake!!! And so it goes on.......
Davey-boy
Legend

1 year ago

We're up to 8th, things are looking up! Only 9 points from the Scousers
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

I'm trying to take the positives out of it. Martial looks like he's switched on; Pogba benefitted from the tactics - if you cover his arse he's quite good at the passing the stuff [shooting was bit wayward though].
Arsenal dropping points means we're only 5 points off a CL place.
But Smalling demonstrates his frailty yet again; Lukaku is shite - we look better when he doesn't play, although I'm not sure Rashford as a lone striker is the best alternative...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 year ago

Pre Lukaku, we were decent. Not classic United, but we tried to play, there was good intensity about us. We went onto the front foot.

Martial has to play, every week. Coming in to the centre, from the left. Not as a left winger, or left back. Get him flowing, with some confidence. He could be dynamite.

I'd actually try Sanchez through the middle. He'd be more conducive to playing football than Heskey. Lingard on the right.

Matic holding. I'd like Mata in that number 10 role too. So then its about where and if Pogba plays. He's infuriating. He's blessed with more natural talent than 99% of players and once or twice a game he'll do something that only one or two other players in the league are able to do. But its his mentality. Its as if he doesn't take games seriously. Like they're all just a piss about in the local park, with his mates. He's a liability as much as he is a help. For the future, I think he needs to go. Him and Fellaini. Bring in 2 quality midfielders, supplement them with Matic, Fred, Herrera and Perreira.

Lindelof slowly starting to improve too.

Long way to go though. And all in all, it was probably 7/10 performance. At a push. And it was probably our best of the season, which says a lot.

A more attack minded, enthusiastic coach, with 4-5 of the right squad changes, could make a massive difference.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

swampash wrote:
1 year ago
I'm trying to take the positives out of it. Martial looks like he's switched on; Pogba benefitted from the tactics - if you cover his arse he's quite good at the passing the stuff [shooting was bit wayward though].
Arsenal dropping points means we're only 5 points off a CL place.
But Smalling demonstrates his frailty yet again; Lukaku is shite - we look better when he doesn't play, although I'm not sure Rashford as a lone striker is the best alternative...
Top 4 being within reach is a positive, but only because Jose has reduced expectations beyond the bare minimum. We should be fighting for the title. We should be seeing the result of Joses 3 seasons in charge. He's had only slightly less time than Klopp at Liverpool and they've been in a CL final and are in a title fight. But no, we're just coasting, up and down, load of shite.