Racism in football

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Dav, you should present that idea to the Kick It Out campaign, "kick some racism out of football"
Snoopcousins
Legend

FuB wrote: 6 years ago
Davel wrote: 6 years ago tongue in cheek maybe,squeaky bum time always,but in reality i dont give a fuck if some1 monkey humped pogs or simular, seen it heard it all before, dont care. its a PC load of bollax, DOES ANY1 ON HERE ACTUALLY THINK MONKEY CHANTS ARE WORSE THAN WHAT WE DID TO KEVIN KEEGAN AFTER HIS DAD DIED , far more personal insults are hurled every second during a game, its football its the war footing that competition creates, i remember being at villa park in the 80`s and mc grath was getting monkey chants,and exploded, for months after that he got it at every away ground, thats football, the fans will do anything to gain an edge. best thing was villa had 4 players far darker than mc grath on the pitch at the time.
let's just get this clear, Davel. You're condoning racism so long as it gains "an edge" aren't you?
Davel has been racist before ...with his Paddy shite
If that was Pinter saying that he’d be out again

He’s saying they were only racist to “get an edge”....and also some players were “darker” than MCGrath....
Oh and monkey Chants are PC BOLLAX?!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
FuB
Site Admin

Snoopcousins wrote: 6 years ago Davel has been racist before ...with his Paddy shite
If that was Pinter saying that he’d be out again
Yes, I'm well aware of that... however that was before there was a clear watershed moment a month or so ago and some attempt at creating rules. We've all read them and most contributed to or agreed to them. I'd understood from that discussion that there was a general wish for them to take more a form of guidelines except in the event of something that steps over clear lines.
Snoopcousins wrote: 6 years ago He’s saying they were only racist to “get an edge”....and also some players were “darker” than MCGrath....
Oh and monkey Chants are PC BOLLAX?!
I think there can be some debate about whether saying one person has darker skin than another is racist in itself. However, in the context of his entire post, it tends to imply that, in his opinion, there were other players more deserving of racial abuse than McGrath simply because they had darker skin. He's also asked a direct question of everyone as to whether abusing Keegan, because he's Keegan, is worse than abusing black players simply because they are black. His post implies he does which I think we'll all agree is something of an abhorrent view.

I agree there needs to be some consistency shown in terms of how our rules/guidelines are applied. It's not clear to me if you are requesting we ban davel immediately or complaining about inconsistency. Ultimately, you've quoted me literally asking him to clarify his point of view. I've given him an opportunity to do so based on the aforementioned desire for flexibility in applying the forum rules. Depending on where he wants to go with that will help in deciding whether he gets to add this forum to the list of forums he's often proudly proclaiming he's been banned from already. Certainly, taking the approach of trolling the whole forum with something that's been highlighted as offensive would be inadvisable and has led to bans already.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Davel
First Teamer

the opposite fub but iys not racist its game playing by the supporters and the clubs to be honest, do they kick these mouthy cunts out of there home games, no the love the intimidation these clowns bring.

my point was to show how moronic pc people can be, you`ll never understand what a racist is as long as you hide behind your self rightious fat arses. the post was about what i witnessed at a villa home game and so called monkey chants aimed at mc grath, and i said they villa fans did this even though there were 4 players on there team who had darker skin, and the morons came running,knives at the ready making complete fools of themselves wetting there nappies.
FIRST OFF these morons lost the post meening entirely as it was about football fans and what they do to put off the opponants (hence keegan and his dad post)
second of i was stating the said chants were aimes at mc grath not there own players, looks like the racist issue didnt apply to them (looks like getting into his head to me)
you really need to wind your necks in your really sad twats if any of that is racist

and also knowing the same sad cunts would wet the pants (not once did i mention anybodys race) unless you think i`m skinnist :).
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Dav has turned into Pint, resorting to saying bigoted shite so that people actually read his posts for once

I agree with Snoop. Dav has previous.

"i dont give a fuck if some1 monkey humped pogs or simular, seen it heard it all before, dont care. its a PC load of bollax"

And this is just ridiculous, to say monkey actions aren't racist. I think he's beyond help.
FuB
Site Admin

Well, he can't say I didn't give him the opportunity to clarify his point of view. The fact he's chosen to clarify that he is a complete bellend is his choice.

He won't be posting again for the time being.

Whilst he enjoys his time in limbo, i'll just offer the opportunity for other members of the board to let me know if they would prefer we DON'T ban him... and, if so, why...
sheesh
Legend

Davel wrote: 6 years ago the opposite fub but iys not racist its game playing by the supporters and the clubs to be honest, do they kick these mouthy cunts out of there home games, no the love the intimidation these clowns bring.

my point was to show how moronic pc people can be, you`ll never understand what a racist is as long as you hide behind your self rightious fat arses. the post was about what i witnessed at a villa home game and so called monkey chants aimed at mc grath, and i said they villa fans did this even though there were 4 players on there team who had darker skin, and the morons came running,knives at the ready making complete fools of themselves wetting there nappies.
FIRST OFF these morons lost the post meening entirely as it was about football fans and what they do to put off the opponants (hence keegan and his dad post)
second of i was stating the said chants were aimes at mc grath not there own players, looks like the racist issue didnt apply to them (looks like getting into his head to me)
you really need to wind your necks in your really sad twats if any of that is racist

and also knowing the same sad cunts would wet the pants (not once did i mention anybodys race) unless you think i`m skinnist :).
Making racist comments, irrespective of the 'angle', doesn't stop them from being racist. You thick cunt.
Lazarus
Legend

Wtf are 'PC people'? ....and what did we do to Keegen ? ...and it's probably not worth the effort now cause he's banned but does he not get the difference between personal insults and insulting a whole race of people?

Idiot.... Does anyone else here feel like Davel or are we done now?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
FuB
Site Admin

Lazarus wrote: 6 years ago Wtf are 'PC people'? ....and what did we do to Keegen ? ...and it's probably not worth the effort now cause he's banned but does he not get the difference between personal insults and insulting a whole race of people?

Idiot.... Does anyone else here feel like Davel or are we done now?
Equally, it never ceases to amaze me how privileged white people think it's their right to determine what other races should think and when or if they should be offended.

Just to clarify, Davel hasn't - yet - been banned. He can't post without approval from a mod. I would prefer not to be judge and jury without at least giving others the opportunity to speak up for him. Doesn't look like there's a lot of people queuing up to do so and what it would say about anyone who does is not a trivial thing.

To be honest, I really would prefer not to have to ban anyone but I think Ed made it pretty clear there are some things that are so obviously binary and free speech is not without consequences
Snoopcousins
Legend

I don’t even think he’s properly racist ...I think he’s doing what Pint ended up doing and saying things to get a reaction - to be the forum bad guy...
But he has form...:even after we said Paddy wasn’t on....I know that’s under the bridge now but he never apologises or backs down

He’d need to do a normal apology post I reckon for no offense
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018