Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
marlon wrote:You've got that the wrong way round Snoops. The pressure on the poorer club to spend their money well is much greater. There's less competition at a poorer club, so the player might have a better chance once they've arrived, which is perhaps the point you're making?
IMHO if I'm allowed to say that is that there's less pressure on them....what pressure does a mid table club have on taking a "risk" on a player that didn't make it at a big club or not given a chance someone else..?
Mahrez, Poyet...any scout would hav told them good player but could go either way.
I don't know why i do this because you'll only move the goal posts or say it's not what you meant but...... You seem to be saying that for smaller clubs the risks, gambles, pressures some how aren't as important or meaningful as the bigger clubs. Leicester won the title that's pretty big for a small club i'd say it was every bit as important who they played, bought, dropped.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

When does Griezmann sign then?

And when does De Gea leave?
just1n
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:When does Griezmann sign then?

I'm surprised at the lack of outrage at the possible De Gea departure.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

just1n wrote:
Sid wrote:When does Griezmann sign then?

I'm surprised at the lack of outrage at the possible De Gea departure.
Maybe inevitable?

And we don't rely on him so much now as we did under LVG sand Moyes....
I'd be happy with a top reliable solid keeper....not sure about Romero...maybe Atketicos keeper?
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

HARRY wrote:Griezmann will be on the USA pre season tour. Woodward is meeting with Athletico chairman Enrique Cerezo in Madrid early June. United's bid (£71 million) has been accepted by his agent but not by Athletico. They wont budge for less than £85 million. He signed a 5 year deal last summer which means Woodbrain has little leverage. Theyre not interested in a player (Martial) + cash deal.
Why would his agent accept an offer? He doesn't own him. What a weird thing to make up.
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/25/incoming- ... z4i49iSKVn

Probably bs, but worth remembering how mad our contract situation is. Carrick and Ibra on expiring contracts and Romero, Young, Valencia, Fellaini, Blind, Shaw, Mata and Herrera's contacts all end next year.
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Somebody said Traore and Chelsea then I heard his first name was Bertrand and I thought they fucked up but he's on loan, there's on signing they don't need to make.

I'd take that Sanchez centre half, built like Vidic, speed of Ronaldo
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Mourinho when asked if he will try to sign B. Silva: "I do not think so, honestly. However, you never know. Good players are welcome"
sheesh
Legend

2 years ago

Expect Antoine Griezmann will now join United. He wants it resolved in next 2-3 weeks before he goes on honeymoon #mufc

— James Ducker (@TelegraphDucker) May 24, 2017
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

2 to 3 weeks, what's there to resolve, we're in the CL - I thought that's all it came down to ffs