Chump$ki v United

Forum for match day threads
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 years ago

marlon wrote:Results won't get Moyes sacked and Fergie/Charlton will have a big say as directors. If he's going to go, it'll have to come from the players, but can't really see that happening either.

IT.IS.NOT.MOYES.FAULT!!!

FFS. We were the better team first half! He needs backing with money to bring in world class players. No manager would get this pile of shit top of the league. Fergie only done it because last year the other teams threw it away!!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
Minus The Bear
Star Man

5 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:
Minus The Bear wrote:True but the argument only holds valid if you manage to get past the first round of the cup competitions...
I don't follow your logic there. I would think that fewer games, less travel, and more time for training would be very beneficial to a rebuilding squad.
You seem to be advocating that playing a maximum of 52 games (ish) and a minimum of 40 games is going to help the side develop. I'm saying players need game time to develop, which is fine if we end up with good cup runs, other wise it is not.

He can play the under 21s in the Europa league for all I care however I think it is important to maintain some sort of presence in the European competitions just in terms of who we can attract for this "rebuilding".

Also you seemed to have missed the whole we have Phil Neville conducting our training sessions....
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

That was atrocious defending. Everyone switching off. WTF didn't Moyes start with Kagawa and Fletcher instead of Jones and Young. Really baffling decisions.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Minus The Bear
Star Man

5 years ago

Mourinho was sympathetic towards United in the press conference, but in basically a patronising, "you aren't a threat anymore" kind of way.

Moyes said the difference was two set pieces.... sure Dave, sure it was.
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

just1n wrote:That was atrocious defending. Everyone switching off. WTF didn't Moyes start with Kagawa and Fletcher instead of Jones and Young. Really baffling decisions.
He's saving them for the important second leg of the league cup tie with Sunderland.
captainhormone
Star Man

5 years ago

Beautiful anarchy developing right in front of our eyes..the footballing equivalent of a new dawn..keep fucking it up moyes..keep fucking it up!
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

Minus The Bear wrote:... I think it is important to maintain some sort of presence in the European competitions just in terms of who we can attract for this "rebuilding".

Also you seemed to have missed the whole we have Phil Neville conducting our training sessions....
You only have to look at how much good it's doing for Swansea (as it has for other Premiership sides in the past) to realize that the Europa League is more strain than gain. I'm only talking about missing out for one season. Buy some CMs in the summer, bring in some of the kids, play players in their positions, give them a season to gel without a lot of pressure, and see what happens.

I didn't miss your jibe at PNev; I just didn't see the relevance, since the choice is to train with him or don't train at all. I took it as a joke. Also, I understood that Moyes is very much a manager who likes to coach the first team; has that changed?
Count Jackson
First Teamer

5 years ago

tbf what world class midfielder is going to want to join a team without Champions League status? We'd have to pay astronomical wages like City did with Yaya. I can't see the Glazers doing that.
Do you want Fries with that?
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

Count Jackson wrote:tbf what world class midfielder is going to want to join a team without Champions League status? We'd have to pay astronomical wages like City did with Yaya. I can't see the Glazers doing that.
TBF, I can't see the Glazers doing anything useful at all. I also can't see world class players queueing up to play for United under Moyes in the Europa League, without our having to offer City-style financial inducements. I could be wrong, though.
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
marlon wrote:Results won't get Moyes sacked and Fergie/Charlton will have a big say as directors. If he's going to go, it'll have to come from the players, but can't really see that happening either.

IT.IS.NOT.MOYES.FAULT!!!

FFS. We were the better team first half! He needs backing with money to bring in world class players. No manager would get this pile of shit top of the league. Fergie only done it because last year the other teams threw it away!!
14 points from the top, 6/7 from 4th. We won by 11 points last year. If we won all our remaining games, we'd have 85 points - 4 less than last year. We're on pace for about 64 points, which over the last 5 years would get you 5th place at best. What's more likely - Fergie was worth more than a quarter of our points total every year, or Moyes is a rubbish manager in the wrong job. To overcome Moyes' ineptitude, we'll have to spend crazy amounts of money. It would been cheaper to hire Mourinho ffs.

Not winning the title - or even being a contender is understandable with this squad, especially in his first season. We're barely in contention to get a CL spot. Everything Moyes says suggests he's not going to change his approach, in which case we're 100% not making the top 4. Fergie was the difference between United being a CL team and title winners. Moyes is the difference between United being a CL team and mid table shite.