vs WBA

Forum for match day threads
Bill2
First Teamer

6 years ago

You know what I was trying to say!

What's the lowest we can finish in the league and Moyes keeps his job? 6th?
Fergies Ghost
Trainee

6 years ago

Bill2 wrote:You know what I was trying to say!

What's the lowest we can finish in the league and Moyes keeps his job? 6th?
I have no idea what you were trying to say tbf. You need a ghost writer tbf
Robbo
Legend

6 years ago

And the meek shall inherit the earth and they did today with West Brom winning somehow I dont give a bugger about football just now, but when was the last time that United languished at 12th place with the likes of Stoke and Swansea I cant remember its that far back.
-----------------------------------------------------
Bill2
First Teamer

6 years ago

Basically Moyes keeps on saying that he's heard alot about players like Kagawa, but can't he see in training that he's miles better on the ball than Young for example.

If we aren't going to use Kagawa properly we should just sell him back to Dortmund. He's a waste of footballer at the moment. Everyone knows he's better than Young. Its just so British. The honest English pro who is very limited gets in over another player who is clearly better technically.

Mourinho, Pelligrini, Villas Boas, Wegner and even Rodgers and Laudrup are an upgrade from Moyes.
just1n
Legend

6 years ago

I rejoice that I missed this due to work tbf. Sounds like Rio should be shipped off asap.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

6 years ago

I've been saying Rio's done since last season tbf.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

I honestly don't know if I can watch this crap anymore. Isn't this virtually the same team that won the title last season? It's the same bloody team but they look like utter shit! If SAF played this same team we would have gotten a result no doubt about it. So it must come down to Moyes then. I'm willing to give him time and he isn't to blame for all our problems but geez this is BAD. And his comments about how he's still learning and it was always going to be hard to take over this team blah blah blah. Wish he's STF up and start acting like a Manchester United manager. If he can't motivate these players - the same players who won the title last season - then he shouldn't be our manager!
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:I've been saying Rio's done since last season tbf.
Rio is done and it's so obvious that he can't be playing 3 games in a row and 4/5. It's also obvious that Young and Anderson are rubbish and Fellaini and Carrick can't play together in central MF. I would have thought that it's also obvious that Kagawa should be a regular and shouldn't have come off at HT. Zaha is nowhere to be found as well. There is no shape to the squad and virtually no pace and penetration in the final third. Why? This is basically the same team as last season. It all comes down to MOyes.

It's clear that he can't take all the blame and he does indeed need time. The players need to take responsibility as does ED fuckin' Woodward for a disastrous and embarrassing summer transfer window. But DM is responsible for choosing the lineup and formation and for motivating these players. We won the bloody title last season. How can it go so wrong so quickly?
sheesh

6 years ago

Moyes also needs to stop criticising the quality of the squad in public:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... years.html

He's spot on and I'm happy he at least knows that we need to splash the cash on world class players (maybe even he's a bit pissed off at our lack of spending) but he should keep these thoughts to himself.

If nothing else, he's giving the media rope to hang him with. I would also think that it must seriously grate the players who are fighting to get into the team.

Oh, and he needs to stop saying he will "try" to do this and "try" to do that. Just get on with it and do it ffs.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

It's a shit argument Moyes is posing, because this squad smashed the league last season, and were 18 points clear. One of the reasons Fergie left in summer was because the squad was so strong.

But then he's already countered that argument by saying "the other teams were poor", which is ABU shite

I'd like him to go to Fergie and say "the quality of the squad you have left me is poor" and "you only won the league last season because the other teams were poor"