vs Arsenal

Forum for match day threads
senna
Legend

4 years ago

What a win, the youngsters making us proud. Shows that many senior players have been gash the whole season, or have they been outcoached by LVG?
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Expected more from Januzaj when he came on. Not in terms of scoring or whatever but basic effort. He jogged about like he'd played the full 90, no closing down of defenders or runs in behind. Maybe being a bit harsh as he's just come back from a muscle injury, but I expected more in that situation.
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

What a great result. With that makeshift defence I expected Arsenal to pose more of a problem but we pressed when required and they hardly had a sniff.
Memphis was great. Held up the ball and tracked back when needed. Much better from him. Looks like he has turned the corner.
Buzzing tonight.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Anantax
Legend

4 years ago

sheesh wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Anantax wrote:
sheesh wrote:The Arsenal players won't be too downhearted.

As long as they have time for their post-match selfies, all will be well.

Memphis was our MOTM IMO.
Has to be Rashford with his brace.

But tbf Memphis played v well, Lingard played well, Mata played well

The bad ones were Schneid and Rojo - both at fault for boht goals
I'd agree with that. Rashford had an assist as well. But the front four were all excellent. Herrera was good. Verela was excellent, Blind as well, Carrick was ok. Schneiderlin and Rojo maybe just not up to it. I've been holding out hope for Schneiderlin, but he was a weak link out there today when a good game from him as the midfield rock could have really steadied the ship.
Yeah, most people would probably say Rashford.

The reason I'd give it to Memphis is because I've had serious concerns about his attitude for much of the season. I thought Chelsea away would be the nadir of his season, after he'd come on. After that game, he played really well for the reserves. He didn't play like a Bertie Big Bollocks today; he worked really hard for the team and was a threat. I just hope he keeps it up. To be fair, I can't really single anyone out for a bad game. It was a gritty team performance.
Fully agree that Memphis had a really reaslly good game. Arguably his best ina United shirt

Cant beat 2 goals and 1 assist by an 18y old in his debut though...
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

I thought Schneiderlin had a decent game. Considering our central defensive pairing on the day, he was always falling back to help out and for all Arsenal's flair and movement, they hardly got a look in.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Watford will be harder in the week! Always up our game against the big boys, especially when we've our big players out
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

sheesh wrote:This is just beautiful. Claude and Ty on Arsenal Fan TV:

Bonus Claude from the Barcelona game:

They're ace. I love those two divvies

North london teams have a problem with bottle
danniitronix
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:
sheesh wrote:This is just beautiful. Claude and Ty on Arsenal Fan TV:

Bonus Claude from the Barcelona game:

They're ace. I love those two divvies

North london teams have a problem with bottle
never seen this before but this is brilliant. that has made my evening.