vs Arsenal

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Anantax wrote:
sheesh wrote:The Arsenal players won't be too downhearted.

As long as they have time for their post-match selfies, all will be well.

Memphis was our MOTM IMO.
Has to be Rashford with his brace.

But tbf Memphis played v well, Lingard played well, Mata played well

The bad ones were Schneid and Rojo - both at fault for boht goals
I'd agree with that. Rashford had an assist as well. But the front four were all excellent. Herrera was good. Verela was excellent, Blind as well, Carrick was ok. Schneiderlin and Rojo maybe just not up to it. I've been holding out hope for Schneiderlin, but he was a weak link out there today when a good game from him as the midfield rock could have really steadied the ship.
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

Louis actually tripped over on the touchline. wenger left his bottle on the floor

Right, if the scouse can please collect the runners up medal, will make it a good afternoon.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:Memphis' performance was very encouraging. He was playing against a player many think is the best RB in the league -- he didn't score or really boss the game, but he was a constant source of pressure, and compared to the way he's given the ball away in the past, he ended up being our most reliable outlet to take the pressure off the defence, the ball was glued to his feet. Was linking well with the attackers too.
Aye the fact he was a threat meant Bellerin was occupied a lot of the game, they couldn't leave him unattended

He beat him for pace twice as well, just by being quicker off the mark
sheesh
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Anantax wrote:
sheesh wrote:The Arsenal players won't be too downhearted.

As long as they have time for their post-match selfies, all will be well.

Memphis was our MOTM IMO.
Has to be Rashford with his brace.

But tbf Memphis played v well, Lingard played well, Mata played well

The bad ones were Schneid and Rojo - both at fault for boht goals
I'd agree with that. Rashford had an assist as well. But the front four were all excellent. Herrera was good. Verela was excellent, Blind as well, Carrick was ok. Schneiderlin and Rojo maybe just not up to it. I've been holding out hope for Schneiderlin, but he was a weak link out there today when a good game from him as the midfield rock could have really steadied the ship.
Yeah, most people would probably say Rashford.

The reason I'd give it to Memphis is because I've had serious concerns about his attitude for much of the season. I thought Chelsea away would be the nadir of his season, after he'd come on. After that game, he played really well for the reserves. He didn't play like a Bertie Big Bollocks today; he worked really hard for the team and was a threat. I just hope he keeps it up. To be fair, I can't really single anyone out for a bad game. It was a gritty team performance.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

sheesh wrote: The reason I'd give it to Memphis is because I've had serious concerns about his attitude for much of the season. I thought Chelsea away would be the nadir of his season, after he'd come on. After that game, he played really well for the reserves. He didn't play like a Bertie Big Bollocks today; he worked really hard for the team and was a threat. I just hope he keeps it up. To be fair, I can't really single anyone out for a bad game. It was a gritty team performance.
I agree totally with that. A very mature and composed performance. I'm more encouraged by the way he played today than I would be if he'd nicked two goals but lost possession a lot and tried all sorts of flashy shit. He did show his flashy skills, like taking that cross field pass on the sole of his foot behind him, but it was exactly the right way -- doing it at the right time, keeping possession, not just failing to beat your man and giving the other side a counter attacking opportunity.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Robbo
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Image

Everyone looking at the prat their faces saying "Dickhead"
-----------------------------------------------------
danniitronix
Legend

4 years ago

Except for Wenger who is saying "I've probably lost the title because of you and all you can do is take the piss and roll about on your arse, and I've still not won a champions league, and Spuds may win in, oh and your kids are better than mine."

The meltdown is complete.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Wenger on Rashford

"The player who was surprising for me talent-wise was Rashford because of the timing of his movement and his intelligence,"he said.

"His movement in the box was great and he could be a very positive surprise for Manchester United on what I've seen today."
sheesh
Legend

4 years ago

This is just beautiful. Claude and Ty on Arsenal Fan TV:

Bonus Claude from the Barcelona game: