vs Arsenal

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

just1n wrote:How is stating the fact that a squad is made up of all sorts of players an indication of adjusting my expectations. Under Fergie there were always the world class mixed with squad depth like Park, Oshea, Fortune, Rafael, Anderson etc. We need to increase our world class players, and that's Woodwards job. He is failing miserably at that now.
If he fails Mourinho it will be more of the same, only worse negative football and even more bitching and politics behind the scenes

We need the young uns to become world class. Martial is a dead cert. But it would help if Smalling, Rashford and a midfielder became shit hot world class stars too. I can't see it personally but I wouldn't be surprised if that was genuinely the Glazers' business plan.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

You are obsessed with Jose, what about when his antics start
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Count Jackson
First Teamer

5 years ago

The age of our squad has dropped dramatically. I personally have no problem lowering my expectation if it means having a team (rather than a group of individuals) in a couple of years time.
Do you want Fries with that?
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 years ago

Count Jackson wrote:The age of our squad has dropped dramatically. I personally have no problem lowering my expectation if it means having a team (rather than a group of individuals) in a couple of years time.
It's now clear...the Glaxers/Woodward/LVG have groomed us to accept failure and being s second rate team
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Mumford
First Teamer

5 years ago

If we play the youth against Arse I'm quite looking forward to watching it, Okay they may get beat, but if they show the desire and hunger to win that they showed against Midjyydland, then great, at least we are on the right path at last, even Depay was allowed some freedom to play and show us what he can do.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

He'll not risk Martial, be interesting to see Rush hour upfront against a good team, don't think Smallings back either so they'll have a field day against our defence
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

WWWWwwwoooooooooo!!!!!!!! WWWwwwwwwhhhhhooooooooooo!!!!!!!! My Internet has been fixed this morning! Out for a week and a half!

In that time we've turned the corner, two great victories over top opposition so Arsenal are fucked, the Class of '16 has arrived!!! I'm so glad we've held unto LVG he knows how to bring the kids on.......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Count Jackson
First Teamer

5 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
Count Jackson wrote:The age of our squad has dropped dramatically. I personally have no problem lowering my expectation if it means having a team (rather than a group of individuals) in a couple of years time.
It's now clear...the Glaxers/Woodward/LVG have groomed us to accept failure and being s second rate team
:)) I know it's shit it's got to this, but we're here now and the long game is the best solution IMHO.

Too many of Fergie's purchases went sour. Whilst he thought he was buying the next big things, Anderson and Nani flopped. Hargreaves crocked and Owen and Valencia replaced Ronaldo... we all know we've been fucked for some time now.
Do you want Fries with that?
Robbo
Legend

5 years ago

Lets face it Arsenal should wipe the floor with us and I will be surprised if they don't looks as well like United will get fifth ....... West Ham United.
-----------------------------------------------------
sheesh
Legend

5 years ago

I don't think we will get thumped, but Arsenal will be too strong for us. It doesn't really matter what happens between now and the end of the season anyway. We all know LVG is safe irrespective of results, at least until the end of the season.

All that matters IMO is if LVG goes in the summer, and the club gets itself back on track by hiring a world-class manager.

That, and something is done about Woodward's role.

It has been a pretty forgettable season. I can't wait for it to end. I'm not really arsed about today.