vs City

Forum for match day threads
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 years ago

The Glazers will only give a shit once their revenue streams are hit. The first step on that road would be failure to qualify for the Champions League. Its taken as read that us, City and Chelsea will finish top four and that Arsenal and Spurs will fight it out for the other spot.

I may be alone in this, but I'm not convinced that top 4 is nailed on for us. If Arsenal get their act together and bring in another player or two in January, and if Spurs gel quickly, we could have a real fight on our hands for top 4.

The ONLY thing the Glazers give a shit about is a full house on match day and as many sponsorship deals in the bank as possible. They don't give a shit about trophies, except for their value in maintaining the commercial profile of the club. If you think anything else, you're a fool.
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

so yesterday did happen for real. Shit!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

there's no chance united will be finishing in the top four

top six may well be a stretch

there's no chance i'll be wanting 6 years of this shite, that's for sure
Twat
Reserves

6 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I may be alone in this, but I'm not convinced that top 4 is nailed on for us. If Arsenal get their act together and bring in another player or two in January, and if Spurs gel quickly, we could have a real fight on our hands for top 4.

You are not alone. We are operating with two really good players: if either RVP or Rooney suffered a long-term (2-3 month) injury we are in genuine trouble.
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

6 years ago

Glad we're not overreacting. Jesus. We got solidly beaten by a team that dropped points to Cardiff and Stoke. Relax. All the Glazer haters come out, all our players suck and the sky is falling. Remember winning the league last year and everyone said Fergie was leaving Moyes a stocked cupboard? What changed in 4 months exactly?It was always going to be a transitional year. Take a deep breath and move forward. Maybe this is what Moyes needed to realize Young is not ready for prime time and if Roon is ever our 9, Kags should be our 10. Oh, and Smalling and/or Jones need to get started in central defense. Playing both of our stalwarts just makes us too slow. That, combined with the pace of our CM and we are glacial in attack/defense. Are we still good enough to beat 80% of the league, win a cup and make the CL quarterfinals? A resounding yes. The sky is not falling.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

Twisted Blood wrote:and everyone said Fergie was leaving Moyes a stocked cupboard? .
never happened
lkhm

hoofing
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
Twisted Blood wrote:and everyone said Fergie was leaving Moyes a stocked cupboard? .
never happened
No, but that's the line those who looked at the standings rather than watching the football had to take.