vs City

Forum for match day threads
Violent Banana
Reserves

6 years ago

Say what you want about Moyes, the shape, the formation, blah blah blah... but all four goals came from such terrible defensive mistakes that the players responsible really need to take a long hard look at themselves.
captainhormone
Star Man

6 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Fergie has to take some flack for that debacle today too. He left a legacy of trophies, but a combination of senility (final years) and obtuse Glazer pandering left his successor with a squad that was nowhere near as good as it should have been, despite being reigning champions. His legacy SHOULD have been a squad that was so good that whoever came in wouldn't have needed to make any changes for 12 months and could have found his feet against a backdrop of an undoubtedly strong side. We've been gong backwards since 2008 and only a premier league of diminishing quality has prevented our frailties from really being shown.

It may sound churlish, but it needs some fairly significant surgery. Rio's done, Evra's not far behind, Young should never have been bought, Valencia, Anderson, Cleverley, all a mixture of dross or substandard squaddies being asked to perform as top class players.

I don't know how much of today was down to Moyes and its way too early to judge, but I'd have to say that his performance in the summer was better than anything Fergie did in his last 2-3 years. At least he's had a go at addressing the problem areas.

Ah fuck it. It seems that its our turn to spend a few years in the footballing wilderness. I've clearly lost a bit of interest too because today actually didn't hurt as much as it should have done.

Spot on a great post..nail hit on head re 2008 too..

But moyes aint for us and its no fault of his
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Until we get shot of the Glazers, Moyes is all we can expect... he's a safe choice... he'll do what he's told, he'll work to whatever budget restraints the Glazers set him, and he'll promote all their bullshit, just like Ferguson did.

The Glazers aren't like other teams owners like the Cossack or the Arabs,... the Glazers aren't in it for the football... they won't give a toss if a few fans complain about boring football... those leeches wouldn't know the difference anyway... there is a major push on for revenues right now, and the quality of the football is not a priority... apparently Woodward is working on, get this, a £billion deal with Nike... A BILLION FUCKIN QUID... the petty complaints of the fans mean nothing in relation to that... as long as Moyes is meeting the needs of the Glazers, he'll be managing United.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

the glazers aren't keeping young and valencia in the side
lkhm

hoofing
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:the glazers aren't keeping young and valencia in the side
No, and they don't give a shit anyway... what is your fuckin point?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

that moyes is shit obviously
lkhm

hoofing
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Pace was always going to be an issue with the two cbs and CMs. Get killed on the counter if you have to chase a game. Individual mistakes worse than Moyes today though. Valencia and Evra for the first, Fellaini for the second, Fellaini and rio for the third. Awful defending.

Did he give up at 4-0? There was half the game to go and he just sat there. Was he trying to punish the players? Avoid a 6-1? Whatever it was, it was pathetic. He would've got a lot more sympathy if he'd attacked at some point.

We had this defend first tactic in the three big games, and we haven't led for 1 minute. When we fall behind, we're set up to counter so half the team is useless. Young, Valencia and Welbeck are built purely for counter attacking football. These are not players who can break down a defence or sustain pressure. For Moyes not to change things and chase a game with Fellaini Welbeck Valencia and Rooney as the 4 attackers vs. your main rivals for the title is ridiculous. One player you can rely on to score goals and the rest don't have a creative bone between them. So, so depressing that Fellaini was his plan b with half the game to go. To be honest, I felt bad for Fellaini. I'm sure he doesn't want to be the face of hoofball. Our plan a is shit and our plan b should've been our plan f or something. Hopefully Moyes can adapt and learn on the job.

Another Great free kick from Rooney though. Looks like he's figured something out.
tom
First Teamer

6 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:Yes let's pin all our hopes on being able to beat the shit teams in the league!
It's what we've been doing for about four seasons tbf
ashleyco
Trainee

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:that moyes is shit obviously
:D
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:that moyes is shit obviously
Oh right... and the Glazers give a shit what you think, do they?