v Swansea

Forum for match day threads
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
redzebs wrote:
Anantax wrote:I like that we won

I am however deeply concerned that LVG prefers the 1st half to the 2nd. It just goes to show how his "philosophy" is not a good fit for United - in other words his philosophy is never going to be something we want to see

As for players, Jan is a tough window, so I would just buy Prem proven players eg Mane

Myhrez Lakaku/Kane Zlatan on a free for next year and that young West Ham centre half would do me, then focus next year on getting a world class central midfielder
Who's this centre half then?
--Winston Reid???
FuB
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:

I am however deeply concerned that LVG prefers the 1st half to the 2nd. It just goes to show how his "philosophy" is not a good fit for United - in other words his philosophy is never going to be something we want to see

As for players, Jan is a tough window, so I would just buy Prem proven players eg Mane
But he said he liked it because we played riskier football, with 3 defenders playing a high line and an intense pressing game

It was similar to Klopp today in the sprinting press. Not sure it's a good idea tbh because it can leave you horribly exposed. That's why people say we're vulnerable and nervy tbf.
I probably haven't seen the same interview(s) as you but I didn't hear him say he liked it because we played riskier football. He said we played it "very well" but I didn't hear him say he liked it. Obviously he set us up and sent us out to play like that but I think he most likely liked the fact we got away with it more than actually playing that type of risky game... otherwise, why has it taken this long to arrive at this revelation?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
FuB
Legend

4 years ago

urboystook1hellofabeating wrote:
bman2 wrote:
redzebs wrote:

Myhrez Lakaku/Kane Zlatan on a free for next year and that young West Ham centre half would do me, then focus next year on getting a world class central midfielder
Who's this centre half then?
--Winston Reid???
Bobby Moore?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Interesting game.
Good to see Rooney finally turned up; in time Martial could well be heading for greatness; Young might be a squaddie but can always be relied on to try his best wherever you play him.
Despite not being keen previously on playing Schneidi and Schweini together, playing Schweini further forward with Herrera and Schneidi in the deeper position looked effective.
BUT!
We could have fucked it up.
It was only Swansea.
I still don't quite get van Gaal's tactics. We looked pretty frail in defence - what was three at the back about all of a sudden? And was it really wise to bring on Carrick at the end instead of continuing to try and play higher up the pitch for the last few minutes?
Good to get the result, though.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Aye Winston Reid
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Fuck I thought he was younger than 27, personally I would have brought Ashley Williams in two or three seasons ago, would still take him to shore up that defence, proper centre half, no fuckin about
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.