V Wolfsburg wanderers

Forum for match day threads
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

just1n wrote:Just not good enough. Young players must still learn the nous in these games. Much improved attacking performance that we can hopefully take into the league.

Are you serious, this was a one off due to the fact that we HAD to win, it was like a feature length cinematic version of the 20 minute show you watch each week were there is the odd bit of drama and excitement, in the league, it'll be back to conservative keep a clean sheet and maybe try and nick one if you can shite that we get every week.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:
just1n wrote:Just not good enough. Young players must still learn the nous in these games. Much improved attacking performance that we can hopefully take into the league.

Are you serious, this was a one off due to the fact that we HAD to win, it was like a feature length cinematic version of the 20 minute show you watch each week were there is the odd bit of drama and excitement, in the league, it'll be back to conservative keep a clean sheet and maybe try and nick one if you can shite that we get every week.
If you refuse to see the improvement in the attack then I can't really enter a long winded conversation with you.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:Tbf I thought a lot of the initial pundits' comments that we were in a soft group was jingoistic ignorant shit to begin with. Wolfsburg is one of the top German sides, and the quality at the top end of the German leave is streets ahead of the English league at the moment. So that was just deluded bollocks..
Fuckin hell, you sound like Van Gall now... no one was having a go at these clubs... but you're just plain wrong if you try and suggest this wasn't one of the easier groups we could have drawn... do you reckon we'd have done better against Bayern than Wolfsburg?

Come on... quit trying to make an argument, where there isn't one...
I don't think he's saying we could have been in an easier group, but that there are no easy groups because the quality in the Champions League is high

The pundits will quickly look at where a club is in their league and look at their team to see if they have any stars, and base their judgement on that. As well as national stereotypes, a general dismissive tone toward europe, a scepticism over new ideas, but maybe with a patronising respect for the passion of the fans.

I mean Paul Merson literally just looks at both teams and counts the most famous players. The team with the most famous players should win. That's his logic.

We need to change our old way of thinking that thought the group stages were boring because they were easy. I remember Alan Green having a strop on air that he was having to commentate on a group game between Arsenal and someome that was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Well not anymore. His strop included an idea on how to make the competition harder so that the English clubs could get a game. Good job nobody listens to him otherwise we'd have no hope of qualifying.
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:Tbf I thought a lot of the initial pundits' comments that we were in a soft group was jingoistic ignorant shit to begin with. Wolfsburg is one of the top German sides, and the quality at the top end of the German leave is streets ahead of the English league at the moment. So that was just deluded bollocks..
Fuckin hell, you sound like Van Gall now... no one was having a go at these clubs... but you're just plain wrong if you try and suggest this wasn't one of the easier groups we could have drawn... do you reckon we'd have done better against Bayern than Wolfsburg?

Come on... quit trying to make an argument, where there isn't one...
I don't think he's saying we could have been in an easier group, but that there are no easy groups because the quality in the Champions League is high

The pundits will quickly look at where a club is in their league and look at their team to see if they have any stars, and base their judgement on that. As well as national stereotypes, a general dismissive tone toward europe, a scepticism over new ideas, but maybe with a patronising respect for the passion of the fans.

I mean Paul Merson literally just looks at both teams and counts the most famous players. The team with the most famous players should win. That's his logic.

We need to change our old way of thinking that thought the group stages were boring because they were easy. I remember Alan Green having a strop on air that he was having to commentate on a group game between Arsenal and someome that was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Well not anymore. His strop included an idea on how to make the competition harder so that the English clubs could get a game. Good job nobody listens to him otherwise we'd have no hope of qualifying.
"Re: Champo League (sort of)
Postby bman2 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Yeah a fairly soft group for us, though of course we can't take anything for granted these days. The trip to Moscow is definitely going to result in dropped points the following weekend."

:)) "jingoistic ignorant shit" He has no clue what he thinks.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
danniitronix
Legend

5 years ago

further proof that Burning Minge is a thick cunt.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

He does say we can't take anything for granted tbf

But we did
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Hargreaves caught slagging off Gaal's team selection http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideo ... urg-video/

He says "how can you put your only champions league winner on the bench?" aka his mate Carrick

He forgets Schweinsteiger has won it
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:He does say we can't take anything for granted tbf

But we did
I know you believe Bman talks sense but surely even you can see the obvious bollocks?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Hargreaves caught slagging off Gaal's team selection http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideo ... urg-video/

He says "how can you put your only champions league winner on the bench?" aka his mate Carrick

He forgets Schweinsteiger has won it
Yep, Carrick and Young's omission was panned by the pundits. The very same pundits who couldn't believe we played Young at full back in the first place. We now play full backs in the full back position and they moan. Getting rather tedious now.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Mumford
First Teamer

5 years ago

The pundits should shut the fuck up, first they have very short memories and secondly most of them couldn't manage United with a bottomless pit of money.

Sir Matts reasoning that "if you're good enough, you're old enough" is still true today, he proved it, and so did Ferguson. Sir Matts strikers weren't exactly old hands, and the class of 92 were just that teenagers, the difference being that they were brought into the game with the United philosophy, Charlton was only a kid when he made his European debut, and but for an air crash, that team would have dominated England and Europe for years.

Martial is old enough, and he is good enough, but he needs the service, when he gets it..... he scores...simple

Buying fast pacey exciting players is good, stifling them out on the pitch with tactics is wrong.. the fault lies with LVG and his coaching staff..no-one else, excepting (IMO) a couple of places in defence, ( Young at RB) we have a team capable of beating anyone.

Just let them go out and play !
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head