vs Wolfsburg

Forum for match day threads
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
redzebs wrote:Hopefully it was a one off, usually Carrick or Herrera comes on there instead of Jones, they aren't seriously crocked so we'll be reet for the weekend, also thinking Steiger gets booked again and we lose him for Moscow plus he gets hurt or leggy and he's not as effective against Arsenal. Need him and Carrick to stay fit, Schneiderlin doesn't get slagged off and I get it, he's just not really there, he doesn't do anything of note plus we are so grateful to sign a midfielder that he gets a by ball. Should have signed Waynyama!

Harry we were shit for parts of the game but we weren't that bad, they are decent but look how many times they fluffed their lines and mis hit simple passes out of play, lets not get carried away and say we got battered and its a miracle we won, it's not, both teams had good spells, thankfully ours were better, Rooney and Depay score its over.
scneilderleins rubbish tbf, hes a stopper hes no midfielder, the type who cant pass or shoot and get caught behind the play, but nowadays they get labelled holding midfielders

With the age of Carrick, we should be looking another top dm
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:
redzebs wrote:Hopefully it was a one off, usually Carrick or Herrera comes on there instead of Jones, they aren't seriously crocked so we'll be reet for the weekend, also thinking Steiger gets booked again and we lose him for Moscow plus he gets hurt or leggy and he's not as effective against Arsenal. Need him and Carrick to stay fit, Schneiderlin doesn't get slagged off and I get it, he's just not really there, he doesn't do anything of note plus we are so grateful to sign a midfielder that he gets a by ball. Should have signed Waynyama!

Harry we were shit for parts of the game but we weren't that bad, they are decent but look how many times they fluffed their lines and mis hit simple passes out of play, lets not get carried away and say we got battered and its a miracle we won, it's not, both teams had good spells, thankfully ours were better, Rooney and Depay score its over.
scneilderleins rubbish tbf, hes a stopper hes no midfielder, the type who cant pass or shoot and get caught behind the play, but nowadays they get labelled holding midfielders

Don't take Knobby's bait. If he was in charge we would have Cattermole and Scotty Parker doing their thing. You know - passion, power, runs around alot, a trier....

Schneiderlin has impressive stats over the last 3 years. Over the last three seasons, Schneiderlin has made more tackles and interceptions combined (626) than any other Premier League player.
He just needs time to get used to a different role in this team.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 years ago

Should have bought Vidal
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

just1n wrote:
redzebs wrote:

Don't take Knobby's bait. If he was in charge we would have Cattermole and Scotty Parker doing their thing. You know - passion, power, runs around alot, a trier....

Schneiderlin has impressive stats over the last 3 years. Over the last three seasons, Schneiderlin has made more tackles and interceptions combined (626) than any other Premier League player.
He just needs time to get used to a different role in this team.

Tbf, I was calling for another dm before knobby, we'll need another one next summer, just haven't been impressed with him yet.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

He's looked a bit wobbly recently but I think we'll be very happy with Schneiderlin in the long run. Van Gaal seems to know his business with that position particularly well judging by his record with the likes of Schweinsteiger and Strootman.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Well I didn't see the last match but I think he's been pretty good. Then again, I liked Fletcher too...
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
bman2 wrote:Well I didn't see the last match but I think he's been pretty good. Then again, I liked Fletcher too...

Well take it from me, he looked lost last night and not for the first time. Cue the "But he plays for United so he must be world class" brigade. But so was Kleberson, Liam Miller, Djemba x 2. And maybe its best you probably "edit" the Fletcher bit. :-?

Fletcher was good at what he did as Im sure Schneiderlin would be if he was playing in front of Rio Vidic Evra and ahead of him Ronaldo Rooney Giggs and beside him a younger Scholes and a much younger Carrick, through an aul Tevez and Berbs into the mix and good squad players, if Martial and Memphis were three years older, you wouldn't even worry about Schneiderlin because we'll be fuckin awesome and out scoring teams for fun.

In fairness, he's being told to keep possession, Roomey is ahead of him and off the boil, he's not expected to make incisive forward passes so he can play it safe sideways, backwards or to Mata, but he needs to grab the game by the scruff and release better players, not guts and glory shite but have confidence to pick a pass and get a tackle in, protect the back four.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
bman2 wrote:Well I didn't see the last match but I think he's been pretty good. Then again, I liked Fletcher too...

Well take it from me, he looked lost last night and not for the first time. Cue the "But he plays for United so he must be world class" brigade. But so was Kleberson, Liam Miller, Djemba x 2. And maybe its best you probably "edit" the Fletcher bit. :-?

Fletcher was good at what he did as Im sure Schneiderlin would be if he was playing in front of Rio Vidic Evra and ahead of him Ronaldo Rooney Giggs and beside him a younger Scholes and a much younger Carrick, through an aul Tevez and Berbs into the mix and good squad players, if Martial and Memphis were three years older, you wouldn't even worry about Schneiderlin because we'll be fuckin awesome and out scoring teams for fun.

In fairness, he's being told to keep possession, Roomey is ahead of him and off the boil, he's not expected to make incisive forward passes so he can play it safe sideways, backwards or to Mata, but he needs to grab the game by the scruff and release better players, not guts and glory shite but have confidence to pick a pass and get a tackle in, protect the back four.
I think he's just going through that confused, nervous period a lot of the players have when they are getting used to Van Gaal's methods. He's making him think about a dozen things all the time which makes players slow on the ball and indecisive. He started out very well for us, probably because he was just doing his thing, now the manager's pushing him to add more to his game. But I do think that central midfield zone is one area of the pitch where Van Gaal definitely does know what he's doing -- Blind, Schweini, Strootman etc., he's always managed to get players performing well there.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

I think it's too early to judge Shneiderlin... never mind the Dippers, United ARE in the process of a major overhaul, under a manager who's not just completely changing the squad, but the entire playing style...

Very few of Uniteds players are shining, right now... Shweiny, Martial, Mata, Smalling, are the standouts... others are doing well, but a fair few are struggling, and overall the whole team looks ordinary...

I'm not impressed by Van Galls football, but you've still got to give the rebuild time to establish itself...

I think Shneiderlin will turn out to be as useful as Carrick in time... for some, that'll do nicely... for others, it'll just do...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:I think it's too early to judge Shneiderlin... never mind the Dippers, United ARE in the process of a major overhaul, under a manager who's not just completely changing the squad, but the entire playing style...

Very few of Uniteds players are shining, right now... Shweiny, Martial, Mata, Smalling, are the standouts... others are doing well, but a fair few are struggling, and overall the whole team looks ordinary...

I'm not impressed by Van Galls football, but you've still got to give the rebuild time to establish itself...

I think Shneiderlin will turn out to be as useful as Carrick in time... for some, that'll do nicely... for others, it'll just do...

I was worried about the Southampton thing, everyone they've sold has been a dud though they looked great at the Saints, the thing that gives me hope is Shaw who took a season to settle then was starting to look the part.

We've needed midfielders for ages so of we approached it like yeah he's buying to replace a gaping hole AND we buy Carricks replacement next year then that would be good.

We could even afford to buy a young midfielder, I.e. a Memphis or a Martial type signing and let them have a year or two with Carrick and Steiger with no immediate pressure,

funnily enough, our academy products that look like they'll make it are defenders or attacking players, not much coming through in the middle of the park which is a shame.

Still, the futures bright, Jacuzzi Perriera Memphis Mata all vying for those three spaces behind a striker, Ive left Rooney out to avoid someone leaping on it and derailing the argument,