Vs Sunderland

Forum for match day threads
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

Great to be top...don't think any of us would have called that....next three in prem; arse away, Everton away, City home....tricky!
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
Sid wrote:Young is more useful than Depay at the minute

I said I saw no x factor in him when we signed him

Young is quicker, quicker with his feet, quicker in thought, can walk 2 or 3 yards into the box because they fear him, and plays the right ball sometimes - which is enough
Ok, but i'd rather we played Memphis. Young has had years to prove he can do it consistently and hasn't. Memphis is for the future. Ffs he scored today.
Yeah Depay is still learning, and he's a proper forward with the right build, a wicked shot, the directness

But for basic, simple, effective wing play, you need Young at the minute

Bringing him on is a good option because it has resulted in 2 goals now hasn't it? Sure he did the same thing (beat his man, cross, goal) the other week
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Remember when M'vila was supposed to be shit hot on the transfer market?

Don't get me wrong, Mata is quality and has been playing well and Rooney is looking more involved today (which is more encouraging than the goal) but for me an attacking 4 of Memphis, martial, Mata and Rooney still seems sort of off balanced. Mata and Rooney are too similar I think. I'd prefer to see us use one of them as a 10 and have another pacey attacker cutting in on the right; Young is perhaps not the ideal, I'd prefer Januzaj.

Though to be fair to Young, he doesn't seem to offer any goal threat these days, but he's been really consistent lately with his all round game and contribution.
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
Sid wrote:Young is more useful than Depay at the minute

I said I saw no x factor in him when we signed him

Young is quicker, quicker with his feet, quicker in thought, can walk 2 or 3 yards into the box because they fear him, and plays the right ball sometimes - which is enough
Ok, but i'd rather we played Memphis. Young has had years to prove he can do it consistently and hasn't. Memphis is for the future. Ffs he scored today.
He should get his opportunities but the better player must play more imo.
He is for the future yes; but he may not improve. A lot just stagnate, like Nani for e.g.
I'm surprised why Young is dropped for Depay consistently.
Having said that Young is very useful off the bench though.

Depay must play but to me, it looks like he's getting a guranteed starting spot regardless of how he performs.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Against PSV, I think, we briefly had Young on the left, Martial in the middle, and Memphis on the right, and I thought it looked very promising.

I think Memphis definitely has xfactor, but Young is also consistently offering penetration. Our attackers just seem to get behind the defenders more regularly when Young is on the pitch,
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

So... what'd I miss?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:So... what'd I miss?
We won in second gear

Wasn't the frustrating enraging game I had expected
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:Great to be top...don't think any of us would have called that....next three in prem; arse away, Everton away, City home....tricky!
Good run of the mill victory. Didn't really need to extend ourselves,especially before a big European game. Arsenal will have an extra days rest!!!!
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

The game that took us to the top of the table. :D (Oh and Rooney scored and played well.)
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
The game that took us to the top of the table. :D (Oh and Rooney scored and played well.)
Did he play well?