V The Tractor Boys

Forum for match day threads
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Thoughts on team? Hope Perriera play,

Rojo and McNair injured, he says Jones is a "lucky boy" because he's no defenders left so Jones isn't fit but he'll be on the bench.

Young at Left Back or Blind at lb and Smalling and Carrick at cb?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

4 years ago

We don't have a big squad so I can't see him making too many changes.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Just throw a gang of stiffs out and whatever happen happens. It wont be on our radar so give them a run out.
I hope we take it seriously this year, we need any trophy to kick on from, especially with so many new faces.

In fact out of a starting 11 that most would pick, you'd potentially only have DDG Smalling Carrick Young and Rooney who have won a trophy in English football and you can drop Carrick or Young out of a starting 11 easy enough with squad rotation.

In fact there was surely a game or two there when DDG and Smalling started and were the only players to have won a trophy with us.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote: I hope we take it seriously this year, we need any trophy to kick on from, especially with so many new faces.
Our degeneration to Arsenal level of expectations is complete. If we win the league cup, we'll throw a massive parade and celebrate like we won the CL final.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
redzebs wrote: I hope we take it seriously this year, we need any trophy to kick on from, especially with so many new faces.
Our degeneration to Arsenal level of expectations is complete. If we win the league cup, we'll throw a massive parade and celebrate like we won the CL final.
Err no we won't, don't forget we won the league cup 05/06 and it spurred on a lot of players and we won the league three years in a row and the champos league. Success breeds success.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Err no we won't, don't forget we won the league cup 05/06 and it spurred on a lot of players and we won the league three years in a row and the champos league. Success breeds success.
Nah I'm just being tongue in cheek. I've always enjoyed the league cup in the recent era because the games are usually entertaining and our younger players get a good run out. I prefer it to the FA Cup.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

It's the fans cup when you look at supporters ticket allocation as well, plus two legged semis are good
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Wonder if he will go 3 at the back. The depleted defense is a worry with the upcoming fixtures.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

just1n wrote:Wonder if he will go 3 at the back. The depleted defense is a worry with the upcoming fixtures.

I'm going for Carrick and Smalling with Blind at lb

Or Blind and Smalling with Young at lb

Herrera surely will get a start, Wilson will probably replace Martial and I'd like to see Perriera
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Perhaps he'll finally try the bog brush at CB?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...