Swans V Devils

Forum for match day threads
Grandstander1
First Teamer

4 years ago

I thought on balance of play United deserved more from the match. Teams will get their chances. They buried their chances, and United just didn't create enough. It's like they're trying to walk it into the net. Romero could have been braver on the second goal and charged out, or used his feet to make the save. I'd like to see Mata at 10, Herera on the wing. I think the shittiest thing about the loss is what ever deals United were planning in the next 48 hrs. will have the selling club asking for more.
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

danniitronix wrote:In Rooney's defence he worked hard and won a penalty that wasn't given. On another day etc etc.

Cunt is a hero after Brugge and now vilified as the devil. Thank fuck no one gives a shit about what fans think.
I refuse to be guilty by association!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

Grandstander1 wrote:I thought on balance of play United deserved more from the match. Teams will get their chances. They buried their chances, and United just didn't create enough. It's like they're trying to walk it into the net. Romero could have been braver on the second goal and charged out, or used his feet to make the save. I'd like to see Mata at 10, Herera on the wing. I think the shittiest thing about the loss is what ever deals United were planning in the next 48 hrs. will have the selling club asking for more.
Herrera on the wing now? Obviously we couldn't just buy a right winger could we.....ffs
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

Apparently LVG got annoyed with the constant DDG questions at his press conference....at least now he knows how we feel watching his dog shit football
Grandstander1
First Teamer

4 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
Grandstander1 wrote:I thought on balance of play United deserved more from the match. Teams will get their chances. They buried their chances, and United just didn't create enough. It's like they're trying to walk it into the net. Romero could have been braver on the second goal and charged out, or used his feet to make the save. I'd like to see Mata at 10, Herera on the wing. I think the shittiest thing about the loss is what ever deals United were planning in the next 48 hrs. will have the selling club asking for more.
Herrera on the wing now? Obviously we couldn't just buy a right winger could we.....ffs
He played their last season. He wasn't always in the middle. The only issue is all your wing play would come from the full back pushing up, much like what happens currently when you have Mata out there. He just floats inside. At any rate the interplay he'll have with Mata is key. If we need to unlock defences, we can't have one of the key players to doing so out wide (referring to Mata). No one buys right this or left that any more. You're always looking for players who can play more than one position. Except defenders I guess.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Grandstander1 wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:
He played their last season. He wasn't always in the middle. The only issue is all your wing play would come from the full back pushing up, much like what happens currently when you have Mata out there. He just floats inside. At any rate the interplay he'll have with Mata is key. If we need to unlock defences, we can't have one of the key players to doing so out wide (referring to Mata). No one buys right this or left that any more. You're always looking for players who can play more than one position. Except defenders I guess.

Nope even defenders, Youngs played left back, Blind has played just about fuckin everywhere, Valencia is now somehow a right back, Carrick is played there.

Anyone bar Rooney can and will be used anywhere by LVG.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Grandstander1
First Teamer

4 years ago

He's Dutch.

Total Football.

Speaking of which, I think Blind back there is brilliant. I only wish he was the centre half bringing the ball forward instead of Smalling. Before I get shit on, I too saw hat happened on Sunday. I think that was a coaching error, more so than anything.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Grandstander1 wrote:He's Dutch.

Total Football.

Speaking of which, I think Blind back there is brilliant. I only wish he was the centre half bringing the ball forward instead of Smalling. Before I get shit on, I too saw hat happened on Sunday. I think that was a coaching error, more so than anything.
He cant cope with speed, crosses or beasts, how is that good.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:

Total Football.

He can pick a pass though tbf. Who cares about actual defending?
Grandstander1
First Teamer

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:

Total Football.

His weakness is crosses, no doubt. From a physical perspective (assuming that's what beasts means), he had to deal with that in midfield and left back, he's fine. He's not as fast, but is usually positionally sound so he's in front of his man. If United continue to play the high line, it won't matter who's back there. You could have Vidic and Rio in their prime, and it still takes one shitty pass into the middle *cough Rooney* to set up the fast counter with your full backs trapped forward.

However, it looks like LVG will play a high line. In that case, you'll get more from Blind in maintaining possession (fewer risky passes) as well as better outlet passes when United are under pressure. He's good at finding Shaw or Schwein..etc. Do you feel Rojo is better? On corners maybe, everywhere else?