Vs the Barcodes

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5341
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Sid wrote:What was safety first about today or Brugge though? Brugge was relentless attacking football, and today we created shitloads of good situations were we threatened, so much so that we were exposed on the counter. The counter was on at other times too but Newcastle's bus park mentality prevented them from taking advantage
You don't give our press enough credit. They didn't counter much because we stopped them before they could start. We've been the best pressing team in the league since January/February.
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5341
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Generally it was poor in all honesty. Scholesy hit the nail on the head with his half time summary......."There's nobody running passed Rooney, you don't always get the ball, but somebody needs to gamble and get forward". And Andy Cole said similar after the game............."Once it gets up to Rooney or Depay we looked pedestrian, almost resigned to not breaking them down". I couldn't agree more. They both commented that we clearly lack the pace up top to threaten teams. After the pre season tour and 3 prem games, its patently obvious that we are going to struggle for goals. Prem teams aren't Brugge.

We are painfully short of a class striker.
It's not just Rooney's fault though. If the 3 behind him were making runs, it wouldn't matter so much that he likes to drop deeper. Just getting Mata in the middle and Januzaj or Pereira or even Young out wide to make runs would make a big difference.

If that's not going to happen we should give Hernandez a chance. He'll make the runs. Our attack looked better after he came on.
User avatar
spektarm
First Teamer
Posts: 286
Joined: 4 years ago

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:Tbf, the full backs were only bombing forward of their own accord, Shaw had a little bit of an understanding with Depay but Mata ignored about 6 great overlaps and chose to square it or cut back and try a cross that was never on for him.
Yep, but I don't think Memphis has an understanding with Shaw yet. Both sides need improvement in regards to the fullbacks.

The biggest problem with them today was their delivery, there were so many times both Shaw and Darmian were in a very good position and they couldn't play the final ball (hitting the first man/overhitting). We are gonna create a lot more clear cut chances when their delivery is better.
danniitronix
Legend
Posts: 1613
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

Didn't see the game, mediocre result. Should have done better, but no big deal at this stage. Nothing is won in August, and so ultimately no fuck given.

I don't give a barometer, spoiler or Stoikovic's dirty underpants nailed to a dipshit's mast, about a 1-0, or possession football. Points first, then performance. When I am bored with points on the board, then I will demand a performance. Otherwise, if a performance comes, yeah bonus. Today we dropped points against a shit side, so it is not acceptable, but life is too short to give too much of a shit at this stage of the season and with four more new players trying to work together.

It's clearly the Glazers' fault that Rooney is going through a shit run.
User avatar
Anantax
Legend
Posts: 1001
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

spektarm wrote:
redzebs wrote:Tbf, the full backs were only bombing forward of their own accord, Shaw had a little bit of an understanding with Depay but Mata ignored about 6 great overlaps and chose to square it or cut back and try a cross that was never on for him.
Yep, but I don't think Memphis has an understanding with Shaw yet. Both sides need improvement in regards to the fullbacks.

The biggest problem with them today was their delivery, there were so many times both Shaw and Darmian were in a very good position and they couldn't play the final ball (hitting the first man/overhitting). We are gonna create a lot more clear cut chances when their delivery is better.
Agree with this. The crossing was very poor. If crossing was better we'd have won by 2 goals
danniitronix
Legend
Posts: 1613
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Generally it was poor in all honesty. Scholesy hit the nail on the head with his half time summary......."There's nobody running passed Rooney, you don't always get the ball, but somebody needs to gamble and get forward". And Andy Cole said similar after the game............."Once it gets up to Rooney or Depay we looked pedestrian, almost resigned to not breaking them down". I couldn't agree more. They both commented that we clearly lack the pace up top to threaten teams. After the pre season tour and 3 prem games, its patently obvious that we are going to struggle for goals. Prem teams aren't Brugge.

We are painfully short of a class striker.
Max Clifford is in jail for 8 years for indecently assaulting girls. He's a convicted sex offender and need his face smashed in.

I'm always up for a bit of banter and jousting, that is what Rant is about and I like the fact that you like golf and you have said on here you have a family and you sound like a decent bloke, so why the holy fuck are you using this handle?

It is about as funny as Jimmy Saville.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Van Gall's having a whinge about the ref... ffs... like that's why we dropped points...

And the linesman was dead right... Rooney was offside...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4213
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:You can call me Harry Dan. Or Jimmy if you like!!

Tbf I prefer Harry. Harry is a proper cunts name and perfectly suits such a cunt as yourself.

I also like the name Danni... You know why you're getting with a Danni... Proper geezer who loves banter and taking it up the arse whilst a midget t Bags the shit out of him...
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
Red legend
Star Man
Posts: 911
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:You can call me Harry Dan. Or Jimmy if you like!!

Tbf I prefer Harry. Harry is a proper cunts name and perfectly suits such a cunt as yourself.

I also like the name Danni... You know why you're getting with a Danni... Proper geezer who loves banter and taking it up the arse whilst a midget t Bags the shit out of him...
Nice one Bri. Oh, by the way. Just got back from the Haven site in Pwhelli today. It was like a fuckin Jeremy Kyle convention. Ive seen enough buck teeth and cross eyed numpties to last me a fuckin life time. Went and played a round at Nefyn. Great course but that camp site is full of fuckin gimps, noobs, numpties, gobshites, cocks,fucktards, thundercunts!! They were all there. :-o

Now that's 6 fingered territory.
Steggo
Legend
Posts: 1746
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

A gauge of how exciting our football is the fact that Match of the Day regularly put us on last-obviously so no one turns off early.
Post Reply