Vs the Barcodes

Forum for match day threads
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

spektarm wrote:Rooney's goal was from a clear offside. Did you not see the replay from the linesman's perspective on BT?
It kind of irrelevant, we shouldn't have to depend on marginal Lino calls in the first 10 mins of a game to beat Newcastle at home.

Shut out by Fabricio Collocini and Steven Taylor.
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

That's a misleading angle because Rooney was leaning forward. There wasn't daylight between them and their feet were level.
Doesn't really matter does it? It wasn't given.
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

If Hernandez scored his 1v1 would everyone be happy? It was a good performance (2nd in a week!). Didn't get the win we deserved. Newcastle created fuck all. Didn't even have a shot on target.

Far from perfect, but it's only game 3.
spektarm
First Teamer

4 years ago

The offside rule doesn't apply only to feet? Only body part that isn't considered is the arms. Rooney was leaning, which means he is half a yard offside. But yeah, that's irrelevant now.
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:It kind of irrelevant, we shouldn't have to depend on marginal Lino calls in the first 10 mins of a game to beat Newcastle at home.

Shut out by Fabricio Collocini and Steven Taylor.
Exactly. If we had another great fast attacking 20 min spell in the second half, like the first 20 mins, we would have scored at least 1 for sure.

But of course, Van Gaal told them to keep more possession, because well, possession wins you games. Oh wait...
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

If we had a proper striker there, Rooney Depay and Mata would have fun all day long creating chances
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 years ago

I should apologise for my outburst earlier. It's just 2 mins into injury time and we're sideways passing the fucking ball. Fucked me off no end.

Memphis did okay first 20 mins. When he clicks into gear (maybe next season) he's going to be class.

Fuck LVG and his sideways passing. NQAT.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

Having the ability to kill/slow a game by controlling possession is absolutely an asset. But we need to mix it up - you can't play like that as your only system, and never deviate from it. Horses for courses.

Newcastle at home doesn't need two holding midfielders and uber caution in approach play. I'm conviced that the reason we slowed down after 20 mins is because Van Gaal got the word out.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:I should apologise for my outburst earlier. It's just 2 mins into injury time and we're sideways passing the fucking ball. Fucked me off no end.

Memphis did okay first 20 mins. When he clicks into gear (maybe next season) he's going to be class.

Fuck LVG and his sideways passing. NQAT.
There wasn't any bad sideways passes really, most of em were necessary to me

And in that situation with minutes left you need em to keep calm, keep knocking it about and trying to create a great chance rather than panicking and flinging balls into the box to create half chances, if that

That calmness is why we score so many late goals
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Having the ability to kill/slow a game by controlling possession is absolutely an asset. But we need to mix it up - you can't play like that as your only system, and never deviate from it. Horses for courses.

Newcastle at home doesn't need two holding midfielders and uber caution in approach play. I'm conviced that the reason we slowed down after 20 mins is because Van Gaal got the word out.
spektarm
First Teamer

4 years ago

There's a positive at least. We should be striving towards this kind of football in most games.